SAU Community

Fuel Consumption? How's Your C34?

SNEEZYC34

i used to drive my s2 rs4s from rockdale to rydalmere, so about 25-30km and i averaged about 500-550 before the light came on. i did drive it a bit hard at times though.

on e10 i got about 450km before the light came on

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 485 from 59.5 litres....winch included 200+ driving to PI for tough mudder a couple weekend ago. Was expecting better, but in not surprised at how crap that is.

I've not worked out the L/100 km's but I'm lucky to get 330km's out of a full tank :(

i feel better reading this, im really lucky to get above 350k' on premium, i live in the hills, is a rather windy road on the way to work, up and down hills etc, so even driving grandma spec still not getting great economy, sometimes i wander if a manual conversion would be worth it,

(have been told manual is a bit better on economy)

Figure out how much fuel you would have to save to pay off conversion. I think it would not be worthwhile for that reason alone. A tune would be way more worthwhile, and a new O2 sensor.

LITRES PER HUNDRED PEOPLE!

i feel better reading this, im really lucky to get above 350k' on premium, i live in the hills, is a rather windy road on the way to work, up and down hills etc, so even driving grandma spec still not getting great economy, sometimes i wander if a manual conversion would be worth it,

(have been told manual is a bit better on economy)

I don't think a manual is much more economical. Not from anecdotes around here anyways. The problem is comparing cars in an equal state of tune and maintenance, and the only difference is the transmission. Very hard to make that comparison. The cost of a conversion will take many years to pay off, thats of course assuming you even make a difference to economy.

The best tip is to work with the transmission, keeping the converter clutch locked as much as possible. In an series 1 that means using the overdrive switch, you'll have to judge how the tiptronic is working.

Since you have a series 2, its easier for you to tune at a reasonable price.

I have had my stag for a week now.

On LPG it seems to do 19L/100km.

I haven't really run it on Petrol to be able to give accurate results.

One question though : there is an on and off switch with a steering wheel on it in the centre console. Does anyone know what that's for?

2000 Model Stagea RS4 V

My economy has not changed at all since doing the manual swap, only thing is its heaps better to drive and you don't have to predict what the stupid auto is going to do when excelerating.

That annoys me too so I manually change the gears a lot. Don't know if that helps with fuel economy but I like to try and stop it from changing gears all the time especially going up hills and when you have to stop/start at road works etc.

That annoys me too so I manually change the gears a lot. Don't know if that helps with fuel economy but I like to try and stop it from changing gears all the time especially going up hills and when you have to stop/start at road works etc.

Yeah it doesn't really inspire confidence does it?

Especially on the twistys when you want to power out of corners.

Driving uphill, or corners really necessitates manual control over the box. I drive a selection of modern cars too, like camrys, i45s, commodores, cruzes, DSG focuses.....none of them have satisfactory shift logic for corners, or even uphill.

The worst one ever was the holden epica. The ratios were awful, and the shifts were hilariously laggy. What a shit car.

Anyhow, I can still get plenty of control with the S1 auto box.

Apart from the tiptronic ability, a shift kit really livens the box up...if you dont mind the hektic 1st to 2nd gear slam. All other gear shifts are very quick and often less noticeable than stock.

when i bought the car one of the first things I did was have a shift kit put in. It makes a difference. The 1st to 2nd change is a bit dramatic tho lol

Just drove to Winton and back from Melbourne. rs4s towing about 2tn of s13/trailer and got 17lt/100kms. Much better than i expected. 4 gear all the way 3.5-4krpm. for comparison i usually get 13lt/100km everyday driving.