SAU Community

Texi, It's A Wrap!

Pezhead

Wrap up thread for texi. Post all your photos and stories here.

Thanks to all the helpers that ran the day. And thanks to the few entrants that stayed around to pick up the tyre shreds.

Yep, those who were there yesterday would know that it's just as much fun to skid and slide in the rain!

If you weren't there yesterday, why not??? It's an awesome day, so make sure you get yourself down to our next ones when they are announced. post-435-13950440857651_thumb.jpgpost-435-13950440993428_thumb.jpg

I've decided that next time I get to do timing, it's only fair that all FWD cars get an Instant Wrong Direction penalty.

Your power goes the wrong end of the car. Obvious penalty if obvious.

2nd'd with the clean up, it got smashed, heaps of hands make light work :yes::yes:

photos will be inc soon

Great day despite the weather, thanks to everyone involved in organising and running it.

Copy paste of my pics from the other thread

Full album is here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.298040290345014.1073741832.286875378128172&type=1&l=9691a8a35e

Anybody who wants some more pics of their car, let me know and I can send them to you. I have a ton more photos of most of the cars that I haven't uploaded.

1796782_298040337011676_196950622_o.jpg

1978376_298042187011491_343755845_o.jpg

1960959_298041497011560_1410923493_o.jpg

10001241_298257306989979_177073744_o.jpg

1913447_298265256989184_1319277224_o.jpg

1979279_298265406989169_324649050_o.jpg

1939723_298344013647975_2008476684_o.jpg

1801371_298343920314651_1220277359_o.jpg

Edited by 180fan

Free 32 minute DVDs have been posted to those who entered from the following postcodes...

All you guys deserve this footage of 2 runs per person on different courses in the morning. Great time with smiles on everyone's faces + of course, the li'l guy!

He's like a Paddo Bear appearing in different cars - lol

PM me if you (as an entrant) haven't requested your free copy!

Poor ol' Mazda MX5 got 4 seconds worth I'm afraid :(

Free 32 minute DVDs have been posted to those who entered from the following postcodes...

All you guys deserve this footage of 2 runs per person on different courses in the morning. Great time with smiles on everyone's faces + of course, the li'l guy!

He's like a Paddo Bear appearing in different cars - lol

PM me if you (as an entrant) haven't requested your free copy!

Poor ol' Mazda MX5 got 4 seconds worth I'm afraid :(

Who is in 2099? Not far from me! (2087)

One for 2776 Tez?

Great day, huge thanks to everyone who assisted, and everyone who entered.

Thanks also to everyone who helped pack up the trailer & help me get hitched up.

Great to meet you all, see you next time!

I called up Yesterday 8.30 am and Margaret a spokesperson was asked a leading question as to whether CAFE2U had a policy about what happens if their primary van operator is sick, that a backup operator takes his/her place? She said, "Most definitely."

I said, "Well the system broke down yesterday (Sunday)!!!"

I added, "Not only did he not turn up, he also never call for backup, he also had the temerity to suggest we were only worth 1 hour's work and he was thinking of serving us whilst on cold n flu tablets. I'm a pharmacist and you never ever serve food n drink whilst flu is still virulent! "

After 9am the manager Karen called me and stated beyond her profuse apology that this will never happen again under her watch.

We'll see next month. At least the lady operator has already called up to confirm. I did issue a warning to Karen that a Plan B must always be in place.

MMmmm.. I didn't actually know there would be coffee, so I brought my usual Thermos of black gold =-D

Cafe2U is a franchise, so there is no benefit to the sick guy to make any effort to cover his rounds... he probably can't even get in trouble!

I suggest we try and replace Cafe2U with Harry's Cafe de Wheels... so I can get a fancy hotdog. ;o)

Hmm i might be responsible for most of the rubber left on the strip (R34 4dr), as i remember some of the guys telling me i had flicked rubber everywhere, coupled with some incriminating photos of my shredded tyres =/

Thanks to the organisers and those who stayed to clean up.

Overall, it was a great day. I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

Great photos as well.

There you go people

Benefits of being a member right there

Footage of you and your ride having fun

Join up now for even more cool stuff

Absolutely!

And Ciaron you have 2 guesses left before Nick gives you a serve after watching his DVD!!! :P