SAU Community

Rb26Det Into A R32

hi guys I couldn't find much on the internet so I thought id ask. if I were to get a rb26 from a r32 gtr halfcut could I use the rb20 engine loom and ecu or would I have to change that and if I had to change it would the r32 gtr engine loom plug in to the r32 gtst dash harness. and how would I make the rb26 rwd.

thanks

Is this just a pipe dream?. ;)

No way would you run an rb26 on an rb20 ecu.

As with all conversions wiring is the stumbling block of most people,but at the end of the day can be figured out when you have it all in front of you.

An rb26 is engine, so it's not awd, but it has a diff in the sump which you would have to chop off and weld up or perhaps just leave it there.

As for the gearbox (which one you didn't specify but you would have to be full retard to use the rb20 box) same theme, chop attessa shit off transfer case and weld up hole left behind

Then rip skids all day.

I'm just weighing up my options rb25 swap or go rb26. I Thought the rb26 swap would be simpler because the rb26 would be from a r32 GTR but it seems that nissan changed a lot with the gtst and GTR and I rebuilt this car from ground up and had the rewire it all by myself so I think I could figure it out lol

• 2 weeks later...