SAU Community

V35 Issue - Desperate Need Of Help

Hello Guys,

I've been having this problem with my V35 250GT for some over 6 months now and the car is now sitting at a well known workshop where the mechanics are stuck so I've come to the forum to ask for assistance.

6 months ago I had my VQ25DE engine replaced with a new one, since then the car has had issues on full throttle and the mechanic who installed the engine closed up his shop.
I took the vehicle into Nissan and they said that there was a TPS Error code being thrown up on their diagnostics tool, they checked the TPS and saw the wiring had been hacked so they tried to fix it up.

This solved the problem for about a month and then the car started to feel almost like it hits a rev limiter on full throttle and the whole car shakes, it drives fine if you lightly accelerate all the way up the rev ranges.

I've been battling with the issue for a few months because nobody knew the answer to the problem, until a few days ago when the vehicle does the same on about 2,000 RPM's now and is practiaclly undriveable.

Another scan has thrown up a curl valve error (apparently sits at the front of the engine to open and close throttle) but again, the mechanic is not 100% sure without another V35 side by side to replace parts and test.

If anyone can help, please help as I am stuck and left with no other options. Even if someone can lend HyperDrive in Malaga their V35 250GT for a cost so that they can test replacement parts I will be forever thankful.

Cheers Guys!

I have a spare section of the plenum with the tumbler valves in it, if that's what you mean, or are you talking about the throttle assembly?

I would be surprised if it isn't the AFM causing the fault though. I have replacement's here but until you know the cause for sure, you are grasping at straws. You need to get a consult 3 unit on it, to read the ecu properly.

• Like 2