SAU Community

Playstation 4 - What Games Do You Rate?

89CAL

My PS4 turned up the other day and I decided to spend the $10 buying the conversion for COD: Ghosts so I would have something to play, even though I never really liked it on PS3. It is much nicer on the PS4, but wasnt much more enjoyable then it was on PS3

Decided to go out and buy a new game today, ended up getting NFS Rivals from Kmart for a decent price

However its not that great, the NFS series seems to have lost alot of its appeal lately, and seen as the PS4 games are still resonably expensive and there isnt a great deal out, thought it would be a good idea to start a thread and see what people are playing and what games are worth getting

Having a look on the PS4 site, looking for games, had a look at 'Float' I think it was. What a load of crap that looks like

Anyway. NFS: Rivals, not fantastic. OK for a bit of fun, but overall its nowhere near as good as Shift or the old underground games.

Yeah I was thinking of converting to BF4. COD hasnt been anywhere near as good since MW3, at least BO2 had zombies but Ghosts is a bit of a disapointment

I was looking at Killzone before I bought NFS. Kinda wish I'd gone with Killzone but wanted a racing game. Disapointing lol

ive got 4 games so far, none make owning a ps4 worth it yet, they are as follows

ghosts - to much like all the other cods, playable and looks ok but not really worth the money

6/10

killzone - campaign was a bit meh, a few sections where you just run back and forward looking for things with not much direction, seemed a lot like they rushed it and just put them bits in as filler. graphics are awesome!

i only gave multiplayer one go and hated it, i played in december so there wasnt heaps of people playing but it was laggy and seemed like everyone just ran to a spot shot blindly at everything, died and repeated. i didnt like it at all.

campaign 5/10

multiplayer 1.5/10

bf4- campaign was good if a bit short, this is the first bf game if played and i didnt mind it, looks good.

played online in december, lag made it unplayable and i havent played it since, ill probably give it another go soon

campaign 7/10

online ill rate later after giving it a fair go

assassins creed bf - this is probably my favourite game so far, campaign is good but it gets a bit tedious and repetative near the end. looks awesome as they all do, overall a good game.

campaign 8/10

i havent tried online if its all ship battles and such im not really interested

also tried warframe, looked alright but i didnt really like it 5/10

conclusion - if you already own a ps4 id buy ac:bf to kill time until the better games come out later this year. or maybe ghosts/bf4 (whichever is your preference) to play online for a bit of fun. if your thinking of buying id wait until a package comes out with some better games like infamous as none of the current games ive played justify the purchase price.

Tl:DR ps4 not worth it yet until better games come out

Anyone finding COD: Ghosts is either full of people that are far to good at the game, or is very buggy. I was pretty good on BO2, but playing ghosts it seems i can unload a full mag and it just goes around the person, and I get hit with 2 bullets and die.

Making it hard to play for me. Sounds lame but thats the way it is lol

+1 to BF4 being class. Quite a few bugs in the campaign though, leads to having to restart checkpoints occasionally because a storyline trigger fails. Campaign was also far too short. Online is obviously awesome, except I'm fkn rubbish at it. Was the same with COD. I think I try to play to 'realistically' with tactics and such, but everyone else just runs around like a mad man and doms me haha.

FIFA is also good. But despite some smoother gameplay, it's still just FIFA really, same old. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Konami does with Pro Evolution this year, for me they have been the better games the last couple of years. I like that they refused to release PES 2014 on PS4, because they said it isn't a next generation game and they don't believe in releasing a current gen game onto a next gen platform. Makes me think they are really going to try to take full advantage of what the PS4 can do.

Those are the only 2 games I've played so far. Assassins Creed has sort of worn a bit thin with me, they are awesome games but all too much of a muchness. COD has never been good, but unfortunately it's pretty much the only split screen game available at the moment. Developers better start making more local co-op games!

Ive got ghosts on PS3.. I'm also on the new NBN with fibre all the way to the house & I still lag like crap :(

Does ya PS run on the wifi or an ethernet cable Cal?

Obviously its alot faster plugged in than wifi.. I still find it laggy even when plugged in direct BUT still a bit better... NBN blows its still too slow compared to the rest of the world ;)

PS3's WiFi adapter is shithouse. It's not the bandwidth, it's the latency that causes lag. I too have NBN and don't even bother with online gaming (used to play MW3 online for a bit).

I'll buy a PS4 once the new Gran Turismo comes out (like I did with GT5 and PS3).

Mine is through wifi but I had no problems at all on bo2. I have a pretty flash modem router and it works really well. Im using it to run foxtel on t-box flawlessly which telstra said couldnt be done and havent really had any problems with the ps3 with it. I imagine the ps4 has better networking to so dont think its that. Its probably either me being to crap or ghosts matchmaking being far from the best it could be. Im thinking the later (not to boast or anything lol....)

Ghosts doesnt even have the connection quality bars in the game or an option to choose local or open games (or whatever the options were in previous games)

Ive been thinking of switching to bf4 but I dont know if I could get used to it. COD is not the best game but its usually good fun close action. Ghosts just makes me shout 'what the fu€k' alot

It's usually their shit servers/connection schemes. I have the PS3 on Ethernet with green bars and it would still lag (PS3 not overheating, already checked that).

Hopefully PS4 does better on WiFi. Does it have 5GHz adapter?

I dont think so.... I cant remember. I have a 5ghz AP at home that my S4 uses and I dont remember if the ps4 didnt find it, or I didnt want to use it. Its a bit unstable so I usually use my other connection

i dont really have any lag problems on my ps4 through wireless and im still on adsl1+ (all i can get in my suburb)

i just set up my router properly and its all good (static ip and port forwarding)

I havent worked out if mine is lag or if im just being put against people who are stupidly good at the game or have some sort of advantage. Im used to not being up top of the leaderboard till I get used to the maps but at the moment games are real hit and miss. Sometimes im around 1:1 K/D in games that seem normal. Then sometimes im getting 4 kills to 13 deaths and it seems like they know where I am and have sniper riffle strength assult riffles lol. I dunno. Maybe im just being a sook

I enjoy BF4 more than I enjoyed COD. Only converted this generation, but the destructibility of everything in BF4 makes it a load of fun. Nothing like taking down a skyscraper full of enemies :P

Yeah im thinking of borrowing bf4 off someone and making thr switch.

BO2 in the end I only really played for zombies. Extinction doesnt have the same appeal in ghosts

infamous second son comes out on friday, from all the hype and reviews definitely seems like the best game to date and probably last a few months to as the best. I've got mine pre ordered and will be playing that a bit for the first couple weeks :)