SAU Community

I Need Help With An Alarm

bucket_boy101

So I'm going to need a security system for my new car. I know next to nothing about them, other than the few things I have read on here.

What alarm systems do you guys have in your Skylines, if any and are there any I should check out/avoid?

Also, I read that recently a bunch of the Melbourne guys paid for Chris Rogers to come down and do some installs for them as well as supply the alarm systems. Is there anyone interested in doing this again? PM me if you are, and I will start a topic in Group Buys and contact Chris and Lifted (the bloke who organised the last lot of installs).

So I'm going to need a security system for my new car. I know next to nothing about them, other than the few things I have read on here.

What alarm systems do you guys have in your Skylines, if any and are there any I should check out/avoid?

Also, I read that recently a bunch of the Melbourne guys paid for Chris Rogers to come down and do some installs for them as well as supply the alarm systems. Is there anyone interested in doing this again? PM me if you are, and I will start a topic in Group Buys and contact Chris and Lifted (the bloke who organised the last lot of installs).

This is something nobody should discuss on a public forum. Any decent brand will do.

It's the quality of installation that matters. Hell, a $150 system with a $700 install will stop damn near anyone without access to a flat bed truck.

I believe the man himself will confirm this :yes: (his rates are more reasonable than this of course)

Do you offer cheaper systems Chris? I enquired about the previous round but budget doesn't stretch that far

The extra cost he warrants is definitely worth it imo...wouldn't want him to cheap out on quality just to save a few dollars.

My custom job that finished recently with him (cos them Melbourne boys took priority :down:) cost just north of $1k. Was tempted to go a few hundred more for the 'watertight' treatment but felt it was overkill for a car like mine.

He also gave me some free stuff like a covering of concrete dust so I've now got the matte paint job I've always wanted :blush:

Oops, didn't think about that, lol. I'm guessing I should avoid JB Hi Fi install jobs? Allow me to re-phrase, then. What exactly should I look for in a system? ADR compliance is pretty much required, but are there any other features I should think about?

Oops, didn't think about that, lol. I'm guessing I should avoid JB Hi Fi install jobs? Allow me to re-phrase, then. What exactly should I look for in a system? ADR compliance is pretty much required, but are there any other features I should think about?

ADR , tracking option and someone that can install . $5 jb installs are not the go, forget viper products unless thatcham is mentioned.

This is something nobody should discuss on a public forum. Any decent brand will do.

It's the quality of installation that matters. Hell, a $150 system with a $700 install will stop damn near anyone without access to a flat bed truck.

I believe the man himself will confirm this :yes: (his rates are more reasonable than this of course)

Correct. Done properly with a decent unit flatbed will be the only way it moves.

The extra cost he warrants is definitely worth it imo...wouldn't want him to cheap out on quality just to save a few dollars.

My custom job that finished recently with him (cos them Melbourne boys took priority :down:) cost just north of $1k. Was tempted to go a few hundred more for the 'watertight' treatment but felt it was overkill for a car like mine.

He also gave me some free stuff like a covering of concrete dust so I've now got the matte paint job I've always wanted :blush:

Yours wont move in a hurry , we both know why. Countermeasures on countermeasures , the trunk pop went over well too!

• 2 weeks later...