SAU Community

Apexi Fc

Was the first search result in this so called "Google" thing.............. Can't believe no one has ever thought to use Google before :whistling:

http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

I have fried my PowerFC. Is it fixable? We have seen on a few occasions that an Apexi PowerFC is in fact fixable and can be repaired. The usual suspects are burnt tracks, fried chips or damaged circuits on the board itself. One member was able to send their PowerFC to a local electronics shop with a wiring diagram for their PowerFC. The shop ran a multimeter debug and replaced a few capacitors and resistors. The unit now works and remains to operate correctly. Previously the unit would not power up at all (blank screen and no fuel pump). The original fault was caused by a mismatched wiring configuration which shorted out a few fuses and the PowerFC failed at this stage. Your last resort would be to try a local electronics shop to try and debug what is failed or damaged. I would expect a $150 repair bill to be about normal for this sort of work. The other option is simply to buy a new or used PowerFC.

Everything is fixable its just a matter of how much will it cost :D - ask your local mechanic/auto elec shop for a quote if you have toasted your PowerFC

I read an interesting article in January Readers Digest the other day about USA having "Fix-It Cafes" popping up in quite a few places.

In this throwaway society where people like me have been guilty of disposing & replacing, it's been good to see elderly folk coming out of the woodwork and feeling useful and purposeful once again!!!

The most common item brought in for repair is the laptop. Average cost for parts is $20 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just to bump this thread, this arvo was driving home and after getting off boost popped the engine control fuse. After getting home popped my PFC open to find one of the 3 large black chips was burned up. Anyone know if this is repairable, and if so where to take it in the Sydney area?

Cheers