SAU Community

Sound Deadening For General Road Noise - Worth It?

SS8_Gohan

hi all,

had a chat with the PAC guys in Melbourne re: sound deadening just for general road noise, $1k job, floor doors, roof liner etc...

i'm keen to see if there is a big difference with getting this done... not a cheap exercise, but if it's a night and day type situation i'd probably be very keen to give it a shot.

yes i know it's an R, etc etc... but full Ti exhaust is plenty loud enough to hear the RB note whenever i would like :D, highway driving and what not would be nice to quiet down a bit.

so if anyone has done this to their car, i'd love to hear what you thought of the before and after.

thanks!

daniel

im against sound deadening. got dynamat in the doors and there is little to praise it about with the cost, weight and such a pain in the ass to remove.

If general driving noise, much easier just get smaller wheels/less noisy tyres.

If exhaust noise... sound deadening in the boot and under seats should be enough. fark getting the roof and doors done. Save your wallet, and save the person who eventually buys the car off you :P

definitely wouldn't do it myself, it would be drop off to professionals to sort it out.

definitely not going smaller wheels, tyres :D

probably need to sit in a 34, or something equivalent, that's been done, see what it's like on the road....

Any missed spots from the factory under the carpet and rear seat would be a good start, followed by boot floor and boot lid. Doors are good for aftermarket audio and roof probably won't make a lot of difference