SAU Community

Edge Motorworks

Jack-

I'm assuming this is for your R34 GTT?

If so, what kind of work do you want done by them?

There's lots of shops I'd recommend for oil changes etc, but wouldn't let them come within 50 meters of the car if it was a turbo upgrade or head rebuild...

Keep in mind also, that every shop is going to have good and bad stories... Generally go with a workshop that's been around for a while, noone stays in business long if they don't know what they're doing and just generate constant bad rep...

I'm assuming this is for your R34 GTT?

If so, what kind of work do you want done by them?

There's lots of shops I'd recommend for oil changes etc, but wouldn't let them come within 50 meters of the car if it was a turbo upgrade or head rebuild...

Keep in mind also, that every shop is going to have good and bad stories... Generally go with a workshop that's been around for a while, noone stays in business long if they don't know what they're doing and just generate constant bad rep...

Yeah I understand people are going to have good/bad, if the good out weighs the bad I may try them if there are no "horror" stories.

if someone compared them to OH Performance that used to be in Sunshine I'd steer well clear...

What are you looking to get done?

Looking for someone that can do everything or as much as possible.

I need a hi-flow cat and a new boost controller to start with, then I'll be looking at flex fuel and a retune to suit.

I've been to chasers (west) to get a knock from the previous owner fixed, came out just as bad... good waste of money that was. So then I tried RE Customs, they fixed the knock so I've been going there for services and got them to install an aftermarket turbo. No complaints about the work except its just too far. Takes me an hour and a half to two hours to get there in "light" traffic.

Yeah I understand people are going to have good/bad, if the good out weighs the bad I may try them if there are no "horror" stories.

if someone compared them to OH Performance that used to be in Sunshine I'd steer well clear...

Looking for someone that can do everything or as much as possible.

I need a hi-flow cat and a new boost controller to start with, then I'll be looking at flex fuel and a retune to suit.

I've been to chasers (west) to get a knock from the previous owner fixed, came out just as bad... good waste of money that was. So then I tried RE Customs, they fixed the knock so I've been going there for services and got them to install an aftermarket turbo. No complaints about the work except its just too far. Takes me an hour and a half to two hours to get there in "light" traffic.

Basic mechanical work like hi-flow cat's and a new boost controller installation can be done by nearly anyone... If you've got an aftermarket ECU though, it is WORTH spending the time travelling a little bit to go to a good tuner! Should only really need to be done only once or twice per year IF you keep modding throughout the year and plan out when it is going to need a new touch-up tiune.

I know thanks. I'd get it all done at once instead of getting 5 tunes obviously.
Somewhere decent in the western suburbs would be nice though, whether a big or small job, as I said I'd prefer to take it to the same place so they know the car and what they've done.

Edge is a great workshop, but they send a lot of their bigger welding jobs to me, not sure they have a permanent fabricator there at the moment.

I second this... chasers left a bad taste in my mouth. Edge motorworks will be under going some serious work on my r34 gtt sedan and shall be making well into the 300++ rwks by next week. They are professional, prompt and clean n chian is a wicked tuner

Hope to see it there Rob, my Yellow evo is there for a stroker build. :)

Love Cihan's tuning and the way he explains any issues he's having with the car, I always leave happy... Well other than that one time I lifted the head during a run. :P

Ive known Barry (Owner) and his crew for a long time and i can vouch for these guys. I thought such honesty amongst mechanics was extinct. He recently finished building my Nitto RB28 bottom end.

I also know Barry and Kennan, ive known Kennan since he was a little kid riding his bike in my area.

Kennan breathes, eats and shits Nissans, when i take my stuff to Barry its only he and Kennan that i trust.

Barry is old school, very honest and down the line, ive watched him work carefully and he does things how i would have done them myself.

Thats why when im busy or there is no room in the garage to work, we send them our own cars.

Also their Dyno guy, Ghian is really good at what he does, one particular car from Sydney was sent to them, a Supra with the plates Gameon produced some really good figures....run in tune was 31psi, 7500 redline making 750Kw at the rears....i wont get into what it made on 3 bar......

They will be installing. running in and tuning our RB26/30 when the time comes.

I also noted a lot of RB28 strokers in his engine room being built right now between the 2JZ's.