SAU Community

V36 Sedan - Sydney Dealerships

NISMO

That is disgusting. But for a car that's done 259,000km it's in damn good condition.. i see why the scumbags have snatched this one up.

edit: i've been searching through a whole bunch of importers stock lists and can't seem to find it.. wonder if it's waiting to be advertised.

Edited by Seano350GT

IMO why take this risk of getting a wound back/lemon when you can get Chef or Prestige Motorsport to import? Yes it will take time but if you are a car enthusiast, what's a little wait to get a good car for good value of your money?

IMO why take this risk of getting a wound back/lemon when you can get Chef or Prestige Motorsport to import? Yes it will take time but if you are a car enthusiast, what's a little wait to get a good car for good value of your money?

hey Colin, time is exactly it.

I'm not someone who just discovered imports a week ago, and have bought both locally and imported several times. So i know the pitfalls and potential traps. I've also been driving imports since back when people would see the GT badge on my 33, and ask me if this was the new falcon GT, and police would pull me over to have a chat about the car :)

The idea of this thread was to try and get some specific experiences so i don't have to spend two weeks driving around to every Sydney dealership to weed out the ones i wouldn't want to touch.

You guys don't have to convince me that there are great importers, i know this, and have used them. But if there is a legitimate car here, why wait 6 months to get my car on the road.

hey Colin, time is exactly it.

I'm not someone who just discovered imports a week ago, and have bought both locally and imported several times. So i know the pitfalls and potential traps. I've also been driving imports since back when people would see the GT badge on my 33, and ask me if this was the new falcon GT, and police would pull me over to have a chat about the car :)

The idea of this thread was to try and get some specific experiences so i don't have to spend two weeks driving around to every Sydney dealership to weed out the ones i wouldn't want to touch.

You guys don't have to convince me that there are great importers, i know this, and have used them. But if there is a legitimate car here, why wait 6 months to get my car on the road.

Yes I know what you mean. After looking around, I came to the conclusion that it was safer to import rather than getting it from a dealer here. Sure, there are some legitimate dealers here but there's also risk that the importer/agent they used could be dodgy? I was in the view that if I could eliminate as many middle people as possible, it would be less likely that I would be getting a lemon.

re: IMG recommendation

another mob ensuring not a single VIN for their jap car range is published online... do a lot of homework.

They gave me a copy of the auction sheet, all I had to do was ask

Of course you do your homework before buying any car let alone an import

Not all dealers are the same! There are some trying to do the right thing. The private people bringing cars in without Dealers Licenses are the ones that are bringing the industry down!! It's these guys that we have to compete with. Its these cars that should be used as examples as well as the dealers. Its also Compliance Centers without Dealers Licenses that are selling cars bringing the Industry down, I'm not going to mention anyone, but I can tell you that doing the right thing in this industry is really hard work and does not help when topics like this are targeting only dealers!!

Dodgy private sellers don't have an ABN, so they aren't dealers.

When you buy from a dealership, you expect a non-dodgy car. Hence why people pay the premium to reduce/eliminate risk.

If you're a dealership and are doing the right thing, threads like these won't affect you. This thread isn't a blanket attack on all dealerships, it's showing examples of buyer beware. If you (dealership) can provide supporting documents etc then you won't have any issues :).

My point of view anyway. I've been wanting to buy a V36 sedan for a while now. I rather drive the car first and check it out in person before handing over cash, which is where dealerships come in handy. Massive wind-backs are a big concern because 88,000km car sold as 40,000km will be driving way past the major service point. Etc etc.

The XX mark on the left side means panel replacement. It has been repaired from an accident that has affected left side of the car with structural repair.

Panel replacement without structural repair does not lead to R mark on auction and okay for compliance/roadworthy. Car with RA/R mark may or may not be roadworthy in AU

Edited by Zveruga

They gave me a copy of the auction sheet, all I had to do was ask

Of course you do your homework before buying any car let alone an import

I'm with you Yo-Yo.

Got my V36 through IMG

Andrew and Gavin "exceeded expectations" all the way.

(Still have my auction sheet too).