SAU Community

Cyclops Paralyser 785 Siren Volume.

Greetings.

Does anyone know of a way to increase the Volume of my Alarm?

As title says, it's a Cyclops Paralyser 785 and it was in the car when I bought it. I have a copy of the manual and it mentions nothing of Volume.

I have always thought it was a little quiet compared to most other Alarms I've heard, but I'm not sure if the volume is adjustable on these things.

It's not really faint, muffled or distorted but I don't think it would wake me up at night if I was at the opposite end of the house.

The siren itself is mounted between the firewall and the drivers strut tower and I can swivel it to face up or down.

I usually point it up towards the bonnet as it's a little louder.

Not sure if there is enough cable to relocate it to behind the headlight etc. and not sure if a second siren / speaker can be used...

Any Help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Rob.

Ok Cool. Thanks Chris. (I was kinda hoping you would answer my Questions) :worship:

Pretty quiet 120db. :(

I wasn't sure if there might be a pot inside or something and I wasn't sure if I should even be opening up the Siren as it has the Arm / Disarm key hole in it, so it seems to be more than just a siren.

So can I just crack it open and Sling some wires out off it?

How do these Alarms rate in your opinion?

they are a -neg out of the alarm. use a realy and wire accordingly and you are done. fit what ever siren you want then OR set teh thing to pulsed mode and tie it to your OEM horn. disable the chirps though.

siren as supplied was a battery back up item.

low end stuff but better than nothing.

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd dig this up again as I have a couple more related / unrelated questions... (no I haven't tried to increase my alarms volume yet) :)

Q1:

Recently my alarm has been making a weird intermittent chirp for a minute or so after startup. (same high pitch as when re-arming with the key)

As I have been driving the 31 alot lately, my 33 has mostly been parked and therefore hasn't been charging regularly.

Could this be the problem or is the backup battery in the alarm starting to die? (can they be replaced?)

Q2:

My R31 has an immobiliser in it that uses a weird little Dongle thing that you have to put in a hole to start the car.

What is this immobiliser and can I easily get a spare dongle just in case?

post-78856-0-15625100-1392508637_thumb.jpg post-78856-0-17311200-1392508640_thumb.jpg post-78856-0-03816700-1392508627_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

1, yes it is dying. Replace siren. Easier.

2. Show me what it is.

Ok Mr Rogers,

I finally found the immobiliser box in the R31. (pulled out the steering column to replace the bushing) ;)

post-78856-0-42513300-1399870956_thumb.jpg

Any idea what this is and if I can get a spare dongle?

Edit* might have to find my nearest "Zylux Dealer" ---> http://www.autofixautoelectricians.com.au/pdf/zvs10_manual.pdf

and I bought one of these to replace the dying siren in the 33. (hopefully this is correct.)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271333225666?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Haven't got round to installing yet.

Alarm in the 33 is a Cyclops Paralyser 785 so this siren should do the trick then I guess. (Looks the same)

I'll just trace the existing wires and hopefully the colours will match up. (Orange, Red, Black & Brown)

and to try fix the original issue, I'll try to install it in a better place so the Siren is not so Muffled.

AudioTech in Tuggeranong seems to be the only Zylux Dealer in Canberra according to the Googles...

I actually rang them and they said for me to take it there, they will likely have to order in a dongle, scan the code from my existing one and put it onto the new one.

(hopefully this will not cost me assorted limbs) :D

Thanks again for your Help Mr Rogers. :worship: