ECU / Tune

Bigger turbo (High-Flow of stock turbo)

Full exhaust - 3"

It's advisable to have:

FMIC

It would be good if you also had, but are "Not Required":

Injectors

Z32 AFM

ALL of the above is legal except the ECU (and the "Not Required" parts)... so if you get caught it's a 5min change over fix to get cleared.

For a 3" exhaust to be legal is possibly one of the easiest things in the world. A nice 4" CAT and two of the biggest straight through 3" mufflers you can fit - and voila, you have a legal exhaust that also has good performance up to around 250rwkw.

Job done.

Now if you put Injectors / Z32 AFM later on (assuming you have the FMIC)... Then you can have 250rwkw no problem... You'll obviously have a few more parts that are defectable and need swapping back IF you are caught, which with a proper 3" exhaust, is unlikely.

Of course don't forget things like better brakes (new rotors/pads/fluid), as more power means better stopping is needed and a Stagea does carry some weight. If it's auto then 250rwkw will be ok for a time, but like most things, depends on what condition it's in before you go looking for the power as to how long it holds together.

Don't worry about all this Varex, opening RPM and so on. Build the exhaust once from the start and be done with it.

• Like 1

Thats a good idea, havent heard of that done before. Would there be any issues with the motor connected to the butterfly over heating seeing as its so much closer to the cats and manifold?

Wow that was everything I wanted to know and more thanks, I'll speak to an exhaust shop soon about getting some big mufflers to go with an exhaust system. I already have a high flow turbo so that's one thing I dont need to worry about. Im going to speak to a few workshops/tuners soon to make sure everything is in working order before I try getting it on the dyno. All seems easily achievable, especially seeing as its tax time. Thanks again

• 8 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread just for an update on how I went.

These are the Mods i went with

Intake

-cooling pro stealth fmic

-hypergear hi-flow

-new pod filter (can't get standard airbox)

-gfb mbc

Zorst

- xforce 3" turbo back with a fairly large rear muffler for more stealths

Fuel

-walbro 255 lph intank pump

-xspurt 525 cc injectors with adapter plugs made for me by scottynm35

-nismo adj fpr

Also changing plugs on the day of the tune just for piece of mind as I will be limping it too the shop woth injectors installed

Will be going for a tune on the 1st of may and getting a nistune piggy back to go with it all, hoping to get a respectable figure out of all the work.

Thanks for peoples advice as well

Oh, well, you could piggy back a Nistuned R32 ECU onto the original ECU, but it begs the question of why the hell you would, given that having to do so is a cludge of the first order. You'd be far better off piggy-backing on an Adaptronic or similar.

Oh, well, you could piggy back a Nistuned R32 ECU onto the original ECU, but it begs the question of why the hell you would, given that having to do so is a cludge of the first order. You'd be far better off piggy-backing on an Adaptronic or similar.

I did it on my S1 when it was an auto because you need the stock ecu (which is internally like an R33 ecu) to run the auto. Didn't realize OP had an S2 which has a different ecu and will accept a Nistune chip. People usually use an E-Manage or an HKS F-Con if they have a tuner available. You could use a Link but my tuner had the R32 ecu lying around. Obviously the ideal option for an S1 Stagea is a manual conversion which I did a year later.

KiwiRS4T,

ill go slightly off topic, i figure the vct was deleted with the r32 ecu and what rewiring is needed to run on a manual S1 ? i'd guess z32 ecu would work with vct?

the thread in the stagea forum makes it seem harder then it is :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

KiwiRS4T,

ill go slightly off topic, i figure the vct was deleted with the r32 ecu and what rewiring is needed to run on a manual S1 ? i'd guess z32 ecu would work with vct?

the thread in the stagea forum makes it seem harder then it is :glare:

No, stock ecu ran vct (and the auto which is one of the reasons it had to be retained)R32 ecu was just piggybacked on. It is a bit of a mission.

If you have a manual why not look out for a cheap 2nd hand PFC?

Z32 with Nistune would work but it has to be a particular model and of course the plugs don't line up so more soldering (or get an R33 loom)!

Ideally save up for a Link/Vipec

Sorry for sideways pic but finally got the tune and made 223.3 awkw :3

I am sure you will be enjoying the extra power but I would have thought if you had installed everything on your list you would be somewhere north of 240awkw.

Just thought I'd bump this thread just for an update on how I went.

These are the Mods i went with

Intake

-cooling pro stealth fmic

-hypergear hi-flow

-new pod filter (can't get standard airbox)

-gfb mbc

Zorst

- xforce 3" turbo back with a fairly large rear muffler for more stealths

Fuel

-walbro 255 lph intank pump

-xspurt 525 cc injectors with adapter plugs made for me by scottynm35

-nismo adj fpr

Also changing plugs on the day of the tune just for piece of mind as I will be limping it too the shop woth injectors installed

Will be going for a tune on the 1st of may and getting a nistune piggy back to go with it all, hoping to get a respectable figure out of all the work.

Thanks for peoples advice as well

You can get nifty enclosures for your Pod to keep it looking legal if the popo pull you over.. about $120 off ebay.

Kiwi I was speaking to the people at chasers and they were saying they were surprised I went over 200kw seeing as it's auto and was tuned in awd.

I am really happy with the results though, can't wait to get out at calder park next week :)

@mic I have an enclosure I made out of bunnings plastic which seems to do the job for now but thanks for the suggestion