SAU Community

Why Is This Gtr V-Spec So Cheap?

if its the same 'John' from Malvern I got my 32R from him. he has heaps of GTR's over the years for sale in different forms of mods. mine was fine but others havnt been.

invalid VIN# on ad doesn't help either

VIN could be right if it was bought in before 2005... i think mine is something like that as the under low volume import they dont actually carry over the jap VIN, although there would still be a jap vin on the car..

Saw this as well. It's pretty tempting if it is actually a Vspec - even for an interstate buyer. Just wish they had put a bit more information up on it... Also whats with the colour difference on the pillars and roof? I'm guessing that was the original colour and the body kit was bayside?

What's confusing me more is this one http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-2000/SSE-AD-2154900/?Cr=7

VspecII apparently. No rear diffuser, Dash cluster isn't smaller 1-3kRPM, No front black bar / (diffuser?), Amber turn signal lights instead of clear - all things I thought were on a Vspec2?

Only things I can see to say its a Vspec2 is the bonnet and the badge?...

Edited by James51

the second car is not a v-spec II only the bonnet, as stated the speedo cluster is from a non v-spec both diffusers are missing amber indicators and engine bay is painted black all second series cars had colour coded engine bays and the radiator is from a first series model metal end tanks etc pretty safe to say its probably a 99 non v-spec

and i would say the first car is also a 99 non v-spec it would be a good buy if the bonnet and front bar are genuine nismo though if everything else check out

I'm surprised no one has pointed out the LH headlight misalignment and the panel gaps above and below the headlight...

SAU is getting slack :D

Roof and C pillar wrap is unusual too.

That's a pretty massive gap on the LHS. A lot of it does seem unusual and when you get a few, the warning bells start lighting up - definitely have never seen a two-tone wrap like that on a Skyline before.

Not to mention usually with non-genuine Z tune bonnets you got issues with water getting into the engine bay (I've read/heard, no first hand experience) so questions on all the electrics, etc under there. Interesting there are no engine bay shots.

As for the 2nd car - can only guess it's a bonnet and badged GTR - I don't see any A-LSD light on it's cluster.