SAU Community

Torana Lx Gtr Hatch, Lots Of Pictures

Thought so, as soon as you mentioned jpc and rb30 :)

Haha our JPC here also loves RB30's, though admittedly they don't build them in-house.

Carry on sirs :)

Haha and im just a sales man.

Engineer sounds lenient. Im doing a rwd rb26 swap in my sedan and will need it engineered

Iv actually emailed this same engineer before I saw any of this a few days ago now for my r31 with an rb25 in it. He's in braeside somewhere I believe. Will see what he says soon hopefully, I'm in the same boat as you.

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the radiator it's a HQ ebay radiator with a fan shroud I made to suit twin 12" spal fans and I moved the bottom outlet.

IMGP2295_resize_zps54a0a8ad.jpg

There's about 6mm between the power steering pulley and the fan.

IMGP2298_resize_zps0475f29e.jpg

Also mounted the 45mm turbosmart hyper-gate and tacked up the dump pipe. I'll finish the dump pipe when I get the flex

coupling that will be cut in the 2" tube after the wastegate.

IMGP2305_resize_zps1563d7ba.jpg

Welded up the intercooler and piping and also fitted the synapse diverter valve which will be plumbed back to the air box.

Also started the chassis strengthening using 89x89x3.5 rhs shaped to suit the floor pan.

IMGP2310_resize_zps6669a311.jpg

IMGP2306_resize_zps8aa04a98.jpg

nice, was wondering about rhs rails. figured if anything just make it look stock and hide, but now i know

keep the progress coming, would be up to the best torana in aus once done

• 2 weeks later...

That poor Torana! Will be interesting to see what it weighs with all the Nissan gear in it - I'm betting it will be less than the R32. Can't wait to see the final product - great project turbo76lx!

wow, your fabrication skills are sensational!
No doubt you know your stuff!

Given your torana is 25+ years old, why not go club plates which will give you 90 days road use a year?
You obviosuly know what your doing and are bouncing your approach off engineer before application, club reg would allow you to bypass expensive engineering approvals and get you legal road use for under $200 a year.

I love old Torana's and Skylines so what's not to like here. So this will definitely be interesting once complete, to see how it handles. It ought to be a farking hoot to drive whether it handles like a Skyline or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if you find it holds the road in corners pretty good, with a nice drift every now and then when you want it. I wish I had your skills to bring back cars from the dead. I see plenty here in tas that need love and attention, but they just sit there rusting away.