SAU Community

Letter From Nissan

Just got a letter from Nissan, owner notification letter. vehicle service campaign PA208, electronic steering control lock.

Anyone else get it? said they will change it free of charge, is this the case if the cars warranty is up?

Just got a letter from Nissan, owner notification letter. vehicle service campaign PA208, electronic steering control lock.

Anyone else get it? said they will change it free of charge, is this the case if the cars warranty is up?

Yep, other owners are getting them also. It's a recall notice so free of charge.....

Mine's booked in for next week

Same. Got my letter on Wednesday. The issue for me is running the car out to Moorooka wastes about 3 hrs of the working day for me. Going to see if they can do it on a Saturday so as to minimise the inconvenience.

Yep, but I'm in Cairns and the closest HPC is in Mackay... I'm going to see if they can just send it to me to get my mechanic to install it...

I would be suprised if they allow that. If it is serious enough to warrant a safety recall, nissan will want their dealer to do it.

Got mine this week also.

Edited by turboadam

Yep, but I'm in Cairns and the closest HPC is in Mackay... I'm going to see if they can just send it to me to get my mechanic to install it...

That makes things rough for you assuming you'll need to hike it south...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

My R35 was stranded today after the electronic steering lock jammed up about 45mins form my house.

Do you know if there was any expiry on this recall? Will Nissan still fix at their cost for me?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...