SAU Community

Finally Got My Skyline :)

Hi everyone.

Skyline's have been in my head for a very very long time since i was young.start of high school thats when i really wanted one,but couldn't drive n had no money so all i could do was watch videos on youtube n dream all day.

lived in tassie & there was barely any skyline's so it was pretty shyt seeing commo's everywhere ahah

but when i moved to perth in 07 i loved every single one i saw haha let's just say i love nissan for making these RWD monsters :wub:

as soon as i finished year 12 last year,i got a job n started working straight away. my goal was to buy a r33 series 2 gtst:) even made bet with my brother n his gf that i wud get one before i turn 19(so i've gained $200 bucks by just buying one ;)

About a month ago i finally got enough money to buy one. i didnt wana spend more than 12k as i wanted to save a bit of money and spend it on the car.

I was looking for silver in colour,good k's under 150xxx and straight body n as long as engine n interior was good.

After looking for a bit it was all disappointment.they were all good in some areas and horrible in some.

after looking for a bit i ,Eventually I found a r33 I would eventually buy.

96 model series 2 clean int and ext for 10.800 with 76xxx on the clock genuine k's + warranty got passed on to me

good buy i think:) (guy i bought had plans for it but had to sell it as he had his reason's)

relatively stock

Only mods:

-full 3" exhaust to twin jasma tips

-alloy radiator

-fuel pump

-Nismo gear knob +boots

rest is stock

Spare parts i got for free with the car:

-FMIC greddy

-HDI EBCR

-HKS TURBO TIMER

-80MM THROTTLE BODY

-MANUAL TURBOSMART BOOST CONTROLLER

post-112075-0-60173700-1370361216_thumb.jpegpost-112075-0-97940600-1370361271_thumb.jpeg

My plans are to build a fast street car that will push above 350 hp no matter how long it takes me to get to that much hp i want to achieve it :)

i'll be following these steps on the link & keep in mind iknow exactly what parts to get..http://nissanskyline.6te.net/tuning_GTS25T.htm

so the next mods that will go on the car are hopefully in the next few months are:

-z32+Apexi pod

-FMIC

-Tial QR or Greddy typre rz bov

-Coil packs

-Boost controller set to max 10psi

-Hiccas lock bar

-EXEDY HD Clutch n maybe get a lightened fly wheel too

-short shiftier

-Glow shift 3in1 gauge

+ a tune & some P plater stickers ;)

-hopefully this will push up to 280

-if i have some cash left i'll upgrade the ecu sooner :D

i'll post updates on watever gets put on the car

cheers for reading

Landyy

Seems like you've got a good base to start with mate, congrats on the purchase an hope to see some updates in here soon :thumbsup:

(Also you picked the right shape, 33s ftw.... Welcome to the yacht club ;) )

Thank you man

yes + r33 is in the good price range :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i have decided i would like to get some rims

I want something that will sit flush.dont want like camber or anything like that

i don't mind guarding rolling tho.

I have installed a pod filter so the car sounds nice u get that whoosh sound :wub:

I have ordered a Hicas lock bar as i really need it haha!

and a few other gauges n rocket missle thinging for my BC

soon i'll get the fmic installed

I have decided i would buy Rota-G force

these are the set's that around what i wud like

18 x 9.0, 5x100, +35

18 x 9, 5x114.3, +27

what offset would look good ?

Hey buddy,

those wheel specs are a bit funky. Nissans are 5x114.3 stud all round, and you have a 5x100 listed there so it wont fit.

If you want flush fitment, youre looking at around 9.5" wide and +22 offset on an r33 gts-t.

google

'willtheyfit'

Its a website where you can enter wheel diameter, width, offset and tyre sizes as well so you can get an understanding of how different widths and offsets will be in comparison to another.

Go off the basis that 9.5" wide and +22 offset is basically dead flush on an r33 with rolled guards.

Also I was the same, I was into skylines from a very young age, 12 or therebouts and I would also go out of my way as a kid on weekends to go around finding skylines and other imports around town just to get my car fix until youtube came along. Its been a painful 8 year wait but I finally have a 33 gts-t aswell :D

Looks good and sounds like a nice plan man. I assume you're meaning 280hp? Not kw? I've got myself a 33 gts-t series 2 aswell :P Mine made 208kw with essentially the same mods + nistune + aftermarket fuel pump (which you may want to invest in if you're up'ing the boost) + 12psi.

Hey buddy,

those wheel specs are a bit funky. Nissans are 5x114.3 stud all round, and you have a 5x100 listed there so it wont fit.

If you want flush fitment, youre looking at around 9.5" wide and +22 offset on an r33 gts-t.

google

'willtheyfit'

Its a website where you can enter wheel diameter, width, offset and tyre sizes as well so you can get an understanding of how different widths and offsets will be in comparison to another.

Go off the basis that 9.5" wide and +22 offset is basically dead flush on an r33 with rolled guards.

yeah iknow i made a mistake with PCP

i was meant to post only wheel size n offset

thanks for the info

i just want my car look too nice

& wide tyres look really nice on 33's esp when lowered :)

my i ask how do u post pics

like really big ones onto this?

i have lots of pics to share

Also I was the same, I was into skylines from a very young age, 12 or therebouts and I would also go out of my way as a kid on weekends to go around finding skylines and other imports around town just to get my car fix until youtube came along. Its been a painful 8 year wait but I finally have a 33 gts-t aswell :D

yeah iknow how you feel haha

do you any pictures to share of your car?

Looks good and sounds like a nice plan man. I assume you're meaning 280hp? Not kw? I've got myself a 33 gts-t series 2 aswell :P Mine made 208kw with essentially the same mods + nistune + aftermarket fuel pump (which you may want to invest in if you're up'ing the boost) + 12psi.

I meant hp haha

nice,i havent had any time to put the mods on my car lately working hard to save a bit then i'll get it done.

Does your car have a fuel pressure regulator?

Here are some pics of my car :)

thanks for viewing guys

post-112075-0-52370100-1372318848_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-17857600-1372318862_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-70328700-1372318871_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-82617500-1372318874_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-05917700-1372318886_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-50858000-1372318889_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-01544300-1372318901_thumb.jpg

I meant hp haha

nice,i havent had any time to put the mods on my car lately working hard to save a bit then i'll get it done.

Does your car have a fuel pressure regulator?

As far as I'm aware, no other mods. So no aftermarket fpr.

ohkay

just looked through ur pics

ur car looks nice :)

do u think installing a fpr would be a hard job?

Haha cheers, so much more I want to do but no money :( Always the case. Not a clue on installing an aftermarket fpr, never really looked into it. I've had mine tuned and dyno'd and everything seems fine with my aftermarket fuel pump. My tuner didn't say anything about getting one either. Googled this though, might wanna have a look at it if you're going to do it/get one.

How to install Fuel Pressure Regulator

Haha cheers, so much more I want to do but no money :( Always the case. Not a clue on installing an aftermarket fpr, never really looked into it. I've had mine tuned and dyno'd and everything seems fine with my aftermarket fuel pump. My tuner didn't say anything about getting one either. Googled this though, might wanna have a look at it if you're going to do it/get one.

How to install Fuel Pressure Regulator

Haha yeah money money

u save up a bit and its all gone :(

cheers for the link helped a bit.

i have a tomei one not sure if that will bolt on tho

i'll do more research anyway:)!