SAU Community

Summary Of P1-110 Of The M35 Info Uber Thread

MrStabby

Mine is still going I think, I lent it to Jase a year ago. 13 years is pretty reliable if you ask me.

If only Nissan still sold that original part, not the part they sell now which only lasts a few weeks. (if you are lucky.)

My aftermarket ones seem to be lasting fine Leon... :)

That's a good point Scotty, & you are totally correct. Just because a heap have failed in the last 12 months or so, doesn't make the AFM any less reliable then a cam sensor, window motor or electric seat switch. They're all going to be getting close to the end of their life after 13 years or so.

I've got 2 original AFM's & given how little distance my car gets driven, I reckon I'm set for another decade or 2 :)

it happens every now & then in between gears. I'll be looking into the Kompact BOV asap.

Where does the factory boost guage connect up ? Mine is is always reading in the neg & occasionally goes to 0.

Is there a guage you can swap in it's orig place without going all ricer & mounting one.?

sensor of a black oval box in engine bay next to wheel arch. Pull it apart and resolder the points.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the part number for the lower ballpoints from Nissan and a price? I recently sourced some v35 ones and installed them and now front end has constant cracking in the front end.

Does anyone have the part number for the lower ballpoints from Nissan and a price? I recently sourced some v35 ones and installed them and now front end has constant cracking in the front end.

For ballpoints, you can't go past BIC. :P

• Like 4

Assume you mean ball joints yeah? the lowest ones on the steering knuckle?

Nissan doesn't sell it separately, they'll only sell you the whole assembly. Have to go on ebay.

Was it these ones you bought?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-FRONT-LOWER-BALL-JOINT-Set-NISSAN-SKYLINE-V35-01-07-/190450769457?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c57c01e31#ht_2375wt_1180

DAmmit I bought them too, seems like some other haven't had issues with them though...

• 3 weeks later...

Microguard Pure-Tron Cabin Filter: B74946N025

This probably won't help many. I found that my Stagea didn't use the standard cabin filter instead in it's place is a Microguard Pure-Tron:

http://www.calsonickansei.co.jp/english/products/accessory.html

When i'd pulled the glove box etc.. out i was presented with this:

post-128502-0-89243200-1404046189_thumb.jpg

post-128502-0-21133400-1404046746_thumb.jpg

post-128502-0-32494700-1404046776_thumb.jpg

Amayama have the replacement filter for ~$65. Looking for alternatives.

Yeah it's an Ioniser, with a filter sitting in it. It's the first one I've seen like this, all the previous ones i've seen / dealt with have been the parcel shelf models in Skylines and 'rollas.

The standard filter doesn't fit, it's way too big (i purchased one prior to pulling the car apart). The ioniser takes a up about half the height and the filter sits within it's frame making it smaller in all directions.

Size comparison (Stock filter bottom):

post-128502-0-59981800-1404092550_thumb.jpg

I had the same as this on my ARX. Gave up trying to find a replacement that fitted, and when back to the XTrail/Maxima sized one...

In addition, the actual ioniser screen was discussting, covered in cigarette smoke like rubbish... Actually found it all in the garage over the weekend and tossed it..

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

I'm chasing part numbers and possible price of valve stem seals for vq25det engine. Any help would be great.

It's an engine out job, are you sure it's the valve stem seals? Have you tried leak testing them or something?

It's just the PCV valve, it sucks crankcase vapours into your engine and overnight they condense and run down onto the valve. It burns off as you take off in the morning.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I ended up fitting a catch can to my PCV line, but it has to be sealed as it's in vac. It worked well to stop it, but it's a pain to drain.