SAU Community

Summary Of P1-110 Of The M35 Info Uber Thread

MrStabby

Yep, V1's, I didn't get a choice in spring rates at the time, so I can't remember the rates, I got the first ever set shipped I think. Just go with the standard setup and they should be very comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

Radiator hoses

Nissan Part No.

21501AL5000 upper hose
21503CD000 lower hose

Gates Part No.
22967 upper hose
22968 lower hose

Oh and Burson Part number for Koyo V35 radiator

NIS081pacak I think.

I was at work looking for the part numbers in the Ecatalog and couldn't find a listing for the 350z's so after I trolled through EPCDATA and then google searched the nissan part numbers those came up in ebay. Can be had quite cheap.

Edited by M35woah

My edit button has gone :(.

But more research on the hoses as Gates had none in stock and would take 12 weeks to get it, faqdat.

So I found out Mackay has got em!

Upper: CH4966
Lower: CH4962
or CH4960

The two lower hoses I believe will fit but CH4960 has a slight extra bend.

Uh oh. Thinking about buying another M35.

Was seriously thinking about a R36 Passat but after closer inspection they are bigger and heavier than both NM35 (200kg heavier) and PNM35 (~80kg heavier).. assuming my specification sources are accurate.

So tell me about these PNM35's lads - what is stock power like compared to a stock NM35? How is fuel economy? I know a lot of you don't care but lets be honest, petrol prices are only going in one direction.

Any things that are highly desirable on them like the NM35? Trans cooler, shift kit, upgraded radiator? Any other common problems?

If you want boostz and powerz go NM35 which I think you know :P

If you want to keep yo keys in your pocket when start and unlock the car and have nicer interior then PNM35 is for win.

Petrol is probably similar, as for shift kit and trans cooler they can be optional, radiator not needed if staying stock, don't have to budget for new tubz or AFM.

Stock power is fine for day to day, but coming from a modded NM35 you'll probably want more.

Get a trans cooler and Scott's coolant mod. You can stick with the OEM radiator without concern unless you are going to boost it of course.

Also, should note that the PNM35's don't have that seemingly problematic pump for the ATTESSA.

Shift kit I hear is good although they do shift noticeably better than the NM in stock form.

Petrol is very slightly better although they are flash tuned if you feel the need (or want).

No real "common problems". Pretty solid car all round and having owned both, can certainly say that the PM is much nicer than the NM.

"If you want to keep yo keys in your pocket when start and unlock the car and have nicer interior then PNM35 is for win."

I cannot stress enough how awesome it is to not have to take the keys out of your pocket... at all.

External lock/unlock buttons on the front doors and hatch. Keyless ignition (although you can still put the key in if you need to).

Also, PM35's look better :P

Yep, I followed yours with interest but I guess if I was going to go with a PNM35 it would be because it's NA. Adding a turbo would ruin the simplicity that I like about them.

What is a reasonably sort of power figure to get out of one without ridiculous mods? Say intake and exhaust with a remap?

Or do they need cams, etc?

Almost nothing. It's just not worth modding one besides some really basic stuff. It's too expensive for the gains compared to a turbo car. Anything from a 350z motors will fit them, so you can go nuts, but realistically, most people are happy to have a bit more noise and breathing. I don't want to give a power figure, cause whatever dyno you go on will be different.

If I was to "finish" mine, it would have high flow cats and a uprev tune. No cams or headers. Mine currently runs 94mph, I think it was, down the 1/4. Compare that to the nm35 numbers in relation to power.