SAU Community

*loach*s Photo Diary

*LOACH*

I have been living here for a few years but I have always posted photos in other threads rather than starting my own diary....until now.

Today I went to the Toyota museum in Aichi - in a word awesome. I don't want to post too many photos as it will spoil it for anyone who wants to go. Here are a few selected photos.

Rolls Royce Silver Ghost - I have loved these since I was a kid.

IMG_1442_zps377dce25.jpg

Old School Pimping - glass hood ornaments with bulbs underneath. They have a small gallery inside the Toyota museum with about 50 of these on display.

IMG_1473_zps4c289df4.jpg

LFA. I used to like these but now I have seen one in the flesh and one with panels removed I absolutely adore them...so much love.

IMG_1493_zps5c434def.jpg

LFA's scoops (inlet under side windows and outlets below rear lights) lead to these heat exchangers. No rice just awesome.

IMG_1483_zps6c750507.jpg

The beast I got to drive home, in all it's 0.66 litre NA glory. It is manual though and I do like Daihatsu Moves.

IMG_1500_zps28fa0074.jpg

Edited by *LOACH*
  • Like 1

Thanks mate. I don't know why they came out decent, usually my photos are abysmal. By the way sorry about not replying to your PM - job searching and moving.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate. I don't know why they came out decent, usually my photos are abysmal. By the way sorry about not replying to your PM - job searching and moving.

all good mate, people DO have lives outside of SAU

Today was a day of sads:

IMG_1525_zps01fe33f5.jpg

Old Nismo Omori factory.

IMG_1524_zps36330e0b.jpg

IMG_1526_zps4a41fc31.jpg

IMG_1527_zps1ab797ba.jpg

I am suprised the building/site hasn't been taken by over another company - must be huge amounts of rent money being lost each month.

Edited by *LOACH*

I went to Shinagawa aquarium today. It has nothing on Osaka or even Nagoya but still well worth the visit for me. Bonus points if you spot something familiar in the first photo.

IMG_1569_zps4e47caa8.jpg

Dolphin show and seal show

IMG_1559_zps8a1956e2.jpg

IMG_1595_zpsf1945342.jpg

I have no idea how Horseshoe crabs survive in the wild. Walk a bit, stack it, wriggle around on back exposing soft underside to any passing predators for a good minute or so, repeat process.

IMG_1598_zps0f3b3dbb.jpg

Octopus

IMG_1568_zpsfdc07977.jpg

Mean looking shark that has very interesting although somewhat evil looking eyes

IMG_1587_zps10a871e2.jpg

I will leave there so I don't give it all away.

tha nismo factory is just down from Shinagawa/ shinagawa prince hotel correct?

dissapointing :( i was hoping to go back there when i am over there soon.

also, NISMO factory, first picture left hand side. what do i get?

• 2 weeks later...

tha nismo factory is just down from Shinagawa/ shinagawa prince hotel correct?

dissapointing :( i was hoping to go back there when i am over there soon.

also, NISMO factory, first picture left hand side. what do i get?

Like I said, you get bonus points :)

However, as you have made me feel guilty about not offering a proper prize I will offer a prize from a hyakuen shop to anyone who can identify this fish. I saw it in what I think was a salt water pond next to Shinagawa aquarium. It is a schooling fish and the adults are about the same size as an adult koi. I have seen it in quite shallow water and it may be a surface feeder.

Fish_zps9cb3fcbc.png

As a nice segue into my next group of photos I also saw a school of those fish in a canal connected to Tokyo bay when I was riding to Tsukuji. Therefore, without further ado, here are some photos on my pushy trip to, and around, Tsukuji.

IMG_1602_zpsef71b867.jpg

Needs to be less drift carnage and carrying a decent paintjob.

IMG_1605_zps7d1957ba.jpg

IMG_1615_zps3c2ba9be.jpg

Riding the endless smooth, well maintained roads of Japan it is sometimes nice to be reminded of Sydney:

IMG_1620_zpse45c9621.jpg

Possibly a Ferrari but not sure. What I do know is that as I was lowering the camera from my eyes after taking the final shot of this car another, much newer, unmistakable Ferrari passed in the opposite direction before I could take a shot. I said a bad word.

IMG_1624_zps65c263a7.jpg

IMG_1625_zpse725fa1e.jpg

Deserving of a photo as it is what gets me around, my Giant Rock 5500. She may be far to small for me and be a hard tail but I love her none the less.

IMG_1623_zps45bef566.jpg

Lastly an R33 parked on the side of the road :P

IMG_1621_zpsbcedf9b1.jpg

Edited by *LOACH*

Like I said, you get bonus points :)

However, as you have made me feel guilty about not offering a proper prize I will offer a prize from a hyakuen shop to anyone who can identify this fish. I saw it in what I think was a salt water pond next to Shinagawa aquarium. It is a schooling fish and the adults are about the same size as an adult koi. I have seen it in quite shallow water and it may be a surface feeder.

Fish_zps9cb3fcbc.png

oh sure, make it a impossible one why dont you lol. i have NFI

can i put my bonus points towards a hint?

• 3 weeks later...

I rode my pushy out to Nakano today to a bit of an unusual mall. A shop selling dyed animal skeletons in bottles of fluid (didn't like), a gun shop and a bunch of random other shops. Supposedly there is a shop that only sells stuff that has been left on trains but I didn't see it.

IMG_1657_zps4586eed1.jpg

This garden gnome (maybe about 10 - 15 meters tall???) was out the front of an art school/gallery around Ebisu/Meguro.

IMG_1660_zps3f62bb5a.jpg

I don't remember the bonnet on this being drift spec when I took the photo but it looks like it here. I think it is just the lighting though as the back part seems to line up properly

IMG_1661_zpsc2201b02.jpg

Edited by *LOACH*
  • Like 1

Yesterday I rode out to Shakeys Pizza in Shibuya. It is about 5-10 minutes walk from the station. It has pasta, pizza, fried potatoes and curry rice all you can eat for 850 yen. Absolute bargain especially considering one ~20cm pizza from Dominos or Pizza Hut in Japan costs more than 2000yen. Shakeys has some nice desert pizzas too.

IMG_1662_zps6e59dd79.jpg

I took this shot at Osaki (I think) on the way home.

IMG_1663_zps7148a896.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Coming home from work I saw this festival a few minutes from my place so I popped in and took a few photos. Sadly the photos were terrible. I always love taiko though.

IMG_1668_zps9b5199a1.jpg

IMG_1669_zps49ab7bc5.jpg