SAU Community

R35 Gt-R Project Car (Perth) + Pics + Videos!

Brockas

Cheers :) I can't recommend these cars highly enough. It's an evolutionary mile in front of my old R33 GT-R.

never heard of empire parts for the r35

do you have any pics of your intercooler hard pipe kit? is this fab'd in aus?

You wouldn't have heard of us (Empire is my company) as we've only been supplying wholesale parts to Western Australian shops for the last 6 years. We are only now expanding the 'brand' into selling retail Australia wide.

We're also a sponsor on here.

I can send pictures of the hard-pipe kit to your e-mail if you're interested (just shoot me a PM). The piping kit is only $499, but naturally for that price they are fabricated in China for us.

can you confirm empire performance is a responsibility company?

LOL - yes, we don't sell 'purpo' paint.

Couple of updates:

Plugged the COBB AccessPort into it the other day and put a map in it from COBB, 15psi and relatively aggressive. Saw a little too much knock on a data log, so decided to load a more conservative 14psi map into it as I won't get a chance to throw it on the dyno until the 22nd.

Also loaded up LC5 (launch control from the 2012 models). It now paints all 4 off the line and launches from 4400rpm. So good.

Took it to the motorplex tonight. Only did 1 run - 11.32 @ 121mph, 1.72 60' time :)

Intakes, inlets, dump pipes,injectors, fuel pumps all should be going in next week :)

Video from a run with Brendan in the car, was still an 11.5.

Congrats on the car, looks very nice in GMG. Do you have wheel spacers on it, since its filling the guards really nicely.

Your company offer reasonably priced parts, very impressive. I know where I'll be looking when my 35 rocks up :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

More mods!

Now have the full Empire Performance 'Stage 2' kit installed on the car. $5,500 for all the parts required, and this is the result:

Stock power:
416awhp @ 11psi (570Nm)
Now:
538awhp @ 17psi (761Nm)
Still running BP 98!
Stock-Stage2-DynoGraph.jpg
Feels ridiculous now. 34% increase in torque, 30% increase in power.
Will be going to the Motorplex the next chance I get.