SAU Community

Group Buy: Am Performance M35 Intake

bigkevracer

Due to the interest in the AM Performance intake pipe, I've spoken to Andrew and we're now going to do a group buy.

You can see pictures of the intake pipe in the original thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/414739-m35-am-performance-intake/

Build quality and workmanship is top notch. These really are impressive bits of gear.

They will bolt up to the stock turbo and stock airbox, or you can run a pod filter.

AM Performance now sell these online for $480. If we get 5 people, group buy price will be $400.

Delivery will be $20 Australia wide, $50 world wide, and will take 7-10 days.

Group buy will close Monday 17 December or when we have 5 people. I'd rather close early so we can get these sorted before Christmas.

This is a great price for a great product that I'll be dyno testing on Tuesday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz.....at Dyno results!

Just add it $100 for every extra KW you get Ryan!

.....like most of them would know what they were looking at anyway. :P

So lets do this properly

So Ryan.

$1,500 - $2,000 for engine dyno hire(including jig)

$120 for oil change

$1,800 for motor in and out

$500 for engine wear and tear

$400 for every day Ryan is without his car

Add that to the frigg'n price.

PS. Roller dyno can be fudged!

New price for Suction pipe....$800 to cover cost of proper dyno results!

lol something like that Craig...

There won't be a 100% accurate figure for what you can gain with the intake. My tune is adding the F-con in, upping the boost and . So when I beat the 166kW I got last time, and hopefully get around what Theo got with his F-con (~210kW), I can't exactly say "Intake pipe gives you a 44kW power increase", because it's a flat out lie.

The intake pipe removes a restriction in the intake and flows better than stock. I think Scotty and Cam found that the intake pipe was required for over 250kW.

180kw lol.

thats where the stock suction stopped scott if im not mistaken.. but again, thats in the day when the dyno was in a different calibration.

hmm, I though it was just on 200 that the intake maxed out. Now that I think of it, all irrelevant as the dyno correction was changed 3 or 4 times along the way :wacko:

hmm, I though it was just on 200 that the intake maxed out. Now that I think of it, all irrelevant as the dyno correction was changed 3 or 4 times along the way :wacko:

It was either that or the dump, maybe 180 was the dump.. But yeh. Cal has been done plenty times over at his dyno lol

So this intake will max out the injectors on most cars with an exhaust and intercooler and standard ecu? I am guessing that it only maxes out the injectors at WOT? WHat does the intake do through the low and mid range of the engine, is there an improvement there or is really only for top end gains? I suppose I'm asking guys who have already done it, what has your experience been notwithstanding you have someone elses intake pipe.

its a little more responsive, a little louder with the stock ecu..

the gains are only really had from the tune itself. you will hit AFM cut in most cases, especially with scotts one, as its 3" minimum up to the turb.

its a little more responsive, a little louder with the stock ecu..

the gains are only really had from the tune itself. you will hit AFM cut in most cases, especially with scotts one, as its 3" minimum up to the turb.

There's no point in going 3" to the stock turbo though, as it only has a 2.5" intake on the front of it. It's TINY! With this design if you go high flow later on you can just get the bottom section modified for the larger turbo intake. Top is all 3" though.

You got 166awkw stock? Farrrrk....

lol. Wasn't stock. That was after full exhaust, AM Performance dump pipe, mid pipe with highflow cat and cat back. Only other mod was a Blitz panel.

Thats why I'd always suggest your first mod should be exhaust. Crazy gains to be had.

There's no point in going 3" to the stock turbo though, as it only has a 2.5" intake on the front of it. It's TINY! With this design if you go high flow later on you can just get the bottom section modified for the larger turbo intake. Top is all 3" though.

Yeh, obviously the 3" is making a difference with the 2.5" though if ones flowing enough to hit AFM cut with the stock turbo, and ones not.

I was just comparing to Scotty's one with the 3" all the way is all, it's the annoying problem I ran into lol

If this one avoids that, will be a good option for some of the mild modders here!

Of course there is a reason to keep it 3 inch to the turbo mouth, less restriction... I match my intakes to the actual hole made by the lathe (every highflow is different) in the front housing, and then tapering it out like a Garrett, a nice smooth funnel into the turbo. At the speed of sound, the airflow needs every little bit of help it can.

That said, how many of you are looking for every KW available? I should have done the same thing myself and compromised the lower intake for the benefit of lower cost, easy fitment and jigging, but as you would all know by now, I try and design my products for the best flow possible.

Hopefully Andrew does well with these, they haven't been a big seller for me over the years. Jump on the group buy guys. :)