SAU Community

Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 6 - Winton 1St Sept

emts

So seems they have posted entries up early for round 6 as it a round of the Vic super sprint series!

get in quick as this will sell out faster than most Winton rounds.

Saturday 1st Sept

Winton Raceway

Entry:

https://secure1.ilis...ntroduction.php

Supp regs:

https://secure1.ilis...t_Supp_Regs.pdf

entry list

http://www.wrx.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=75337&sid=45fa822a25345c2f45d279fca6364e6d

Brought to you by.

DriverDynamics_small.jpg

micoloursml1.jpg

rpm2s.jpg

pedders3.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrmm no driver training.

Does this mean it's not that great for noobs?

Only worry with Winton is if my car decides to break down. What's happened in the past when that happens? Someone have a spare trailer? Or just call someone to tow it pack? I hear the towing costs will approximate $800-$1,000 from Winton to Melbourne :mellow:

yeah as a round of vic super sprint series no DT and more cars and cost more..not the best.

you're not joking, Standard Entry Fee $240....

vs Tampered $160, vs Sandown where you don't blow +$50 on fuel to get there, what is going on.

as for breakdowns, there are some seriously good pit lane mechanics out there willing to help - as long as they've not got their hands full already :thumbsup:

Man is there usually so many events in a row or is it just this time of year..

Don't think the finance dept will see me at this one unfortunately..

yeah it's been busy,

one more in championship after this and done tho,

yeah it's been busy,

one more in championship after this and done tho,

and then what ?

Would be just slowing down and waving people past all day long :/

yeah thats all I did at Sandown mate , the rain made it hard to do anything with cnfidence

PI I was overtaking people all day..

Winton looks like a more enjoyable track than Sandown though...if its dry

and then what ?

saunationals in November at wakefield park.

dec/jan generally don't have many track days but we are running a round of the deca championship in dec.

as or 2013 the MS committee have already started discussing this and looking at making some changes (for the positive I think)

but we need to wait for other clubs to announce schedules b4 we can finalize our rounds.

that said traditionally a bunch of us have dome at least one tampered day at winton in Jan for a bit of fun.

M

Defiantly the only way to go faster is get more experience!

So wish i could go to the SAU Nats this year but i have buckley's of getting 3 days off work around the weekend :(

Looking forward to see next years lineup

A sure fire way of improving - enter events and get some practice in. They'll still have groups, put 1:55 or thereabouts.

yeah thats all I did at Sandown mate , PI I was overtaking people all day..

Winton looks like a more enjoyable track than Sandown though...

Defiantly the only way to go faster is get more experience!

If there are alot of other slower cars on the day I don't mind.

Reviewing the footage on the Gopro and racechrono. Top speed seemed ok. Its the corner speeds that I lose all my time. I seem to be down 20-30km around the corners compared to someone doing a 1:35 laptime.

And Winton seems to be a more handling track.

But yeah if there are a few other slower cars on the day that I would be grouped with I might enter!

Tony there will be slower cars.

from their last sandown round results:

http://www.vssc.com.au/VSSC%20Round%202%20Class%20Results.pdf

as you can see plenty cars that were slower than you.

winton is nowhere near as scary as sandown as well great track for a beginner and quite forgiving.

depending on your list of mods you will be std or modified greater than 4L with the turbo multiplier.

think you posted the wrong list cause all those cars are heaps faster except for 1....lol

I found Its the end of the back straight thats tricky.. I would fly down the back straight with no-one in sight, but chicken out and lose speed over the hill..

Then by the time I got through the twisties to the hard left there was cars all over my ass..

it seemed they just appeared out of nowhere..I had obviously washed off way too much speed over the hill..

I reckon I would of saved a few seconds through that section alone but couldn't muster up the guts to do it in the wet, too scared of hitting a wall.

I followed Rob and saw how quick he was through there.. I think the trick is to come over the hill fast and not worry about the walls.

Then just aim for the sand but make sure you stop before it hey Rob...

My point is Tony its good when people fly past you cause then you get to see how they take the corners in front of you ;)

Considering that was in the dry ahve to take a few seconds off our time.

but either way ave them put you in the slow group and will be fine if your worried.

I was hoping to have some semi's on the front but work messed up my pay so no go.

anyhow going to push to break into the 30's

Tony you did really good for a first timer, I agree with artz, the more practise the better you get, just go into the slower groups and build your confidence up. No one in the slower groups is gonna get upset with you as all the people that are trying to post flying laps are in group 1 or 2.