SAU Community

Wanted To Buy, Qld: Classic Skyline Project!

RustInPieces

Hey guys, first off im sincerly sorry if there is a specific WTB section but anyway.

I am chasing a Skyline as mentioned above in "project" condition so something that might need work done to it but not something that has gone to far with rust! I dont mind Rust aslong as its not to extensive or hidden by bog (the worst type).

HR31 - coupe

DR30 - coupe (mabey sedan)

C210/11 - coupe or sedan

240K - coupe or sedan

And although not a Skyline a later model 260C (ones with "notched" rear doors)

Current offer is $2500 max but this is subjected to change and will be update accordingly, I do understand the rarity but then again im not looking for something in show room or original condition im just chasing a good, honest base for a project.

thanks!

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_6456899', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_6456899', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '6456899' }, parseInt('') );

For that money there are some lovely 240/260C's on ebay at the moment well within budget. 240ks are going for crazy money - far more than $2,500 for a project. C210/c211 are hard to find, but not crazily priced if you get lucky.

I don't know about the modern stuff you mention.

Ahh yeah, you need to have more posts, woops

Car: HR31 Coupe 1987 gts-x

Condition: Car near complete, less engine. Needs paint and minor body work, no rust.

Description: Car is complied, no rego. 5 speed, R200 LSD, windcreen near new

Contact Details: PM contact details, can email pics

Asking Price: $2000 $1800

Pick-up/Postage Arrangements: Pick up

Other Comments: Would make ideal race/drift car or to transfer parts off Aus skyline to upgrade to a coupe. No front seats or front calipers, still has import front struts

Moving house, would like to see it gone

DSCF17391.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

DSCF1741.jpg

DSCF17401.jpg

Just seen the owner lists as being in SE Melbourne... that could be a problem.... Considering last year i had to give up on a 260z because i could get it from Mackay to Roma QLD (were i live).

hmm bummer! got excited to!

If you include shipping from Vic etc, with a $2500 budget that doesn't leave a lot of car! You really get punished for shipping non-drivers, as you need a flatbed rather than a car carrier.

Ceva logistics were the best I dealt with from memory.

Well yea shipping cost and well i would like to see it with my own eyes before i had over cash... Especially after I bought a VJ valiant ute with the discription of being only a few rust whole,vwas a 15hr trip up and back with a shitty trailer only to find the next day it had a half inch and in some spots a inch thick shell of bog with alot of bad structral (?) rust...

Paid $1600 re-sold it for $750 3 weeks later, couldnt stand looking at it... So I'm really iffy with older cars now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...