SAU Community

Pizza Cruise - The Return.... Friday August 17Th.

Marsss

Been quite a while since we all got together for a nice cruise and a chat over a nutritious evening meal... For those who don't know about it, the famous PIZZA CRUISE at Newport was started even before my arrival on this site some 9 years ago.... for some reason, I was eventually left to organize the last few but sadly, this event has fallen deep into the archive folder and i feel that i HAVE to do something about it. Although I would like to make it different this time around.

Back in the day, we met at a car park in Chatswood, then drove to Newport, ate and then continued on to Palm Beach (well, most of us anyway) there we shared jokes, took photos, made fun of Hondas (and other fully sik, non Nissan vehicles) then, some would cruise elsewhere, some would go home... etc.

Friday Night was the preferred time as no-one had an early start the next day. We started experiencing problems organizing this due to a lot of bad publicity on such riveting shows as ACA and TT... you know the rest... The carpark who was once more than happy to accommodate us originally as our first meeting point decided to decline our requests claiming that they did not want trouble... what trouble I have no idea....

Then once or twice we had one or two idiots join the cruise and try to act like Vin Diesel with burn outs and stupid behavior... and of course we got a lot of unwanted police attention.

Fast forward.

My idea for THE RETURN, is to make the whole thing different... instead of cruising North, the meeting point and or destination would be where http://en.wikipedia....%28TV_series%29 was filmed. CHULLORA.. at a place called THE PALMS HOTEL

There is a HUGE carpark that we are allowed to use, there is a great PUB/RESTAURANT where we can all have a nice meal, pool tables.... etc

In fact, if you have never seen it before, feel free to check out their website ----> http://www.thepalmshotel.com.au/

Details of a pre dinner cruise are open to discussion, of course as it would be great to have club members from every angle in Sydney.

THE CATCH.

Yep, there is a catch... whoever wants to be part of this MUST abide by every single road rule... NO stupidity will be tolerated AT ALL and the authorities WILL be notified.

I thank you in advance and hope we can make this happen.

aaaaaand..... GO!

Date has been set for Friday August the 17th.

Meeting time: 7pm

Meeting place: P6 car park, Homebush (Olympic Park)

Attendees:

Marssssssssssss - Mars-bar.gif

r32-25t - Brett

34GeeTeeTee - Mat

Aggroman - Dave

Blitz - Nick

Liz

Aggroman - Dave

D_I_F - Corinne and Beau

DekA - Matt

RiseofBrutality - Adam

skylinepower - alex

smasha - Sasha

phillb - Phill B

luke GTR - Luke + the wife

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooo OG back baby! I'm in.. about time you organized one of these marsbar. Even if it isn't the famous original pizza cruise. I'd just be happy to see you.. :)

Hey mate, thanks for the link... We might be able to get a gathering for the roadtrip down depending on how much notice etc... We could do a Old Pac or Wisemans cruise on the way down/back to avoid the boring freeway drive...

How can ANYONE not feel the :wub:

Let me clarify that this is not a pizza venue as such, although they might be able to dish them out... I'll find out. I was thinking of talking to management about putting together a menu package for SAU members... yep, that can be done.

The reason that this can be so is because management are keen to get the group to come in... I've spoken to them about this because, if you saw the car park alone, you'd LOVE the joint.. There's parking at the front and at the back of the building... the courtyard actually faces it! I could go on but you'll see it for yourselves.

I thought we could also take the opportunity to congratulate Corinne and Beau in person after learning the great news.. btw Congrats you two!

As far as dates, we could aim for the 17th of August for our first one, that would give us plenty time to get the word out there... it would be nice to get cars from all over the place. As Mat wrote, people can organise their own cruise and then we can share the experience.

:cheers:

Might clash with some of the Marulan guys, not sure.... Im still unsure if ill go Saturday or Early Sunday morning....

But if you do set that date we will have something to work towards! I know our Newy guys will be cruising on the weekend after and WTAC is the weekend before so maybe the 17th isnt too bad? :ermm:

Yeah.. by that time many had lost interest.. due to... well it's on the first post.. aaaaaaanyway... let's get the ball rolling and throw some dates up in the air

how many like the 17th then?

Are you likely to make regular meets? If so, lock in the 17th and I'll see if the guys up here are keen for a cruise down... If we get some interest I might work with you and make a plan to meet somewhere with you guys :D depends Marulan for me, but sounds OK so far!!