SAU Community

M35 Rack Ends

phat300

Hi guys im hoping some can help me i need to replace my rack ends and i dont kniw where i can purchase them from. So any susgestions would be greatly appriciated also perhaps a part number would also be extremly helpful

Thanks

Matt

get wheel bearings from justjap, straight fit

re rack end, daleo pointed me to a pair of 350z/g35 ones from ebay, it fitted fine except i had to cut one end cos it was too long compared to the stock m35 one

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, adambruv on the forum here linked me to these tie rod ends to suit M35 AWD (on the facebook page after I didnt have much success looking on here at the time - link above was no longer listed)

(originally for nissan 350z 03-09)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170577303396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$55 free postage ! currently waiting for mine to be delivered so I can replace my shagged rack ends.

screenshot incase the link gets made redundant by the time you see this page

m35rackends.png

Few questions:

1) Do people really replace the ball joint only of the rack ends or do they buy replacements as I have done (found a few posts talking about rack ends then people linking lower ball joints only...)

2) Am I going to have to cut 3mm off as Sydsyd did on his 350z/g35 ones ? (a couple of posts above this)

3) Is there a difference between the 2WD and AWD tie rod ends? - Becuase I had a ebay seller say his 2WD tie rod ends will not suit AWD.

Thanks!

Edited by Dane

Here are the ones for "2WD only"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-OUTER-TIE-ROD-END-FOR-NISSAN-STAGEA-01-07-2WD-ONLY-/330859527586?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AStagea&hash=item4d08c3bda2

Screenshot

Capture.png

Note the seller names in both my screenshots.. Seems like same seller. And the product looks the same...But the seller advised this one for 2WD only as the add states as well.

Hope this helps you out...

Passenger Rack end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49521KA - $114
Passenger Tie-rod end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49520KA - $108AUD
Drivers Rack end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49521K - $114
Drivers Tie-rod end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49520K - $108AUD

Hope this helps you out...

Passenger Rack end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49521KA - $114
Passenger Tie-rod end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49520KA - $108AUD
Drivers Rack end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49521K - $114
Drivers Tie-rod end - Nissan Japan Part Number: 49520K - $108AUD

Helps alot! I thought rack ends and tie rod ends were one and the same. Probably explains alot of my confusion lol Thanks very much for that info.