SAU Community

Powerfc Serial/model Number Breakdown

DEATH

Hi Guys,

I had a search, but couldn't find this specific topic and if this is in the wrong sub-forum, mods please feel free to move it at your discretion thanks. :)

As there are many Power FC models - I'm trying to get a breakdown of the way Apexi released their serial numbers.

So far I have found:

PFC RB26 XXX-XXX (Older Power FC's)

PFC GTR33 XXX-XXXX (Standard Type - Less Recent)

PFC GTR33L XXX-XXXX (For L-Jetro normal version Power FC)

PFC GTR33D XXX-XXXX (For D-Jetro Type)

Obviously PFC = Power FC

RB26, GTR33, GTR33L, GTR33D = Car/Engine fitting type

But what are the 3 and 4 digits after that? If anyone knows this information and what each bank/number signifies exactly or can shed better light on the topic would be much appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I had a search, but couldn't find this specific topic and if this is in the wrong sub-forum, mods please feel free to move it at your discretion thanks. :)

As there are many Power FC models - I'm trying to get a breakdown of the way Apexi released their serial numbers.

So far I have found:

PFC RB26 XXX-XXX (Older Power FC's)

PFC GTR33 XXX-XXXX (Standard Type - Less Recent)

PFC GTR33L XXX-XXXX (For L-Jetro normal version Power FC)

PFC GTR33D XXX-XXXX (For D-Jetro Type)

Obviously PFC = Power FC

RB26, GTR33, GTR33L, GTR33D = Car/Engine fitting type

But what are the 3 and 4 digits after that? If anyone knows this information and what each bank/number signifies exactly or can shed better light on the topic would be much appreciated.

Why do you want to know but?

Is this stuff in the PowerFC FAQ? I'm not to sure what your trying to achieve here.....

Hi thanks for the reply - I had a look at the FAQ but couldn't find it in there (also went through every post on here and google with the search terms power fc - so you can imagine how many hours it took for me to trawl through them all lol).

Basically I want to transfer my maps from my power FC to another unit - but when I spoke to a tuning shop here in Melb, they said the models have to be somewhat compatible - otherwise there could be issues and/or another semi-tune would need to be performed to iron out the kinks (obviously they can supply a new unit and do a full tune, but I want to try and keep the costs down). So I'm trying to find out the closest match possible to my current unit (if it is a straight map swap, I shouldn't even need a tune).

Guess it doesn't matter too much to most people seeing as they will be just upgrading from the stock-ECU, and as long as they have the right PowerFC for their engine, they will be fine. Maybe it's useless information and I'm just being pedantic *shruG* but I think it would be good for anyone buying second hand units as obviously the different revisions (and batch cycles) most likely have slightly upgraded software etc and it also helps with finding the right commander to match...