SAU Community

How Much Power To Run 9Sec In Gtr?

sky30

Hi,

Wondering how much power and MPH trap speed is needed to crack a 9.9sec run, in a R32 gtr.?

What power have people done it with , and what model GTR? And MPH? And 60'?

Keen to hear sum results, or suggestions

Cheers

Full weight GTR? Stripped out? Full street tyres, drag radials, DOT tyres or full slicks? What kind of transmission?

Depends on whether you are building a full on drag car or want to do it with a full street car.

Full weight GTR? Stripped out? Full street tyres, drag radials, DOT tyres or full slicks? What kind of transmission?

Depends on whether you are building a full on drag car or want to do it with a full street car.

Mine is r32 standard weight and gearbox, 400rwkw and fedral street rubber i ran 6.8 @ 107mph for 1/8 mile. 60' was 1.64 on that run but have done 1.57.

Other r32 with similar power and 1/8 times do around 10.4@136mph.

Looking to push a little more power out if mine ( just wondering hiw much miore i need) and prob get sum drag radials on the rear.

Anyone know what 1/8mile time to do 9.9 sec 1/4?

How about you suck up, get off the pussy 1/8 mile and live your life a 1/4 mile at a time

Oh and in absolute theory your 1/4 time will be double. So you would have had a 12 sec pass

Thats bad theory seeing as your already doing 107mph.

This 10.2sec pass is close to your 1/8 pass times and speed

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=73060

• Like 1

No in absolute theory seeing as you have to travel twice the distance and it's taken x amount of time then x times 2 = result. Not power curve, inertia, speed already travelling.

Absolute theory. But how about he just goes to the 1/4 and do it. Wouldn't that be better than him telling his mates that he has a 9 sec car just because he trapped 6 sec on the 1/8 mile?!

f**king dumbfounded I am.

No in absolute theory seeing as you have to travel twice the distance and it's taken x amount of time then x times 2 = result. Not power curve, inertia, speed already travelling.

Absolute theory. But how about he just goes to the 1/4 and do it. Wouldn't that be better than him telling his mates that he has a 9 sec car just because he trapped 6 sec on the 1/8 mile?!

f**king dumbfounded I am.

What the f**k, are you serious ?

SPEEDS IS NON LINEAR DUE TO SOMETHING WE CALL ACCELERATION.

GET TO THE CHOPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHH

Mine is r32 standard weight and gearbox, 400rwkw and fedral street rubber i ran 6.8 @ 107mph for 1/8 mile. 60' was 1.64 on that run but have done 1.57.

Other r32 with similar power and 1/8 times do around 10.4@136mph.

Looking to push a little more power out if mine ( just wondering hiw much miore i need) and prob get sum drag radials on the rear.

Anyone know what 1/8mile time to do 9.9 sec 1/4?

More info on these 400kw 32s that run 10.4 what tyres?

Mine should make 370kw once its done so with the above I should crack a 10?

Seriously, those clowns bagging out the OP for his question and for trying to convert 1/8 mile times etc should wake up...If you look closely you will see that the OP is from SA where they only have 1/8 mile track to utilise and hence why the question is being asked...I'm sure that if the nearest 1/4 mile track wasn't over 1,000km away things would be different.

Stop bagging people and post info that is actually relevant and provides postive answers.

sky30,

There are calculators for various conversions that can estimate times. ET. MPH, and horsepower given a set of parameters. This even includes an 1/8th mile to 1/4 mile converter.

See here for one such page with these calculators:

http://www.hotrodpitstop.com/tool.php

Bare in mind that most of these types of calculators are US-based so they will have weight in pounds with horsepower at the crank. Other pages/calculators give the option to input hp at the wheels.

Be warned - with drag radials there is a fair chance you'll smash a front diff if it's a stocker. Could take the sump etc with it.

I've done it, and a few other people are the trap have as well. Just something to be mindful of.

Was managing 1.5 60ft's on a airport surface with 360rwkw/7800rpm launches.

using that page's calculator, a 6.8 1/8 mile ET converts to a 10.7 1/4 mile ET.

In order to run a 9.9 sec 1/4 mile Et you will need to run around 6.25-6.34 1/8 mile ET.

I would also suggest that you would need 450rwkw.

1.57 60' is very good for street rubber, however, some drag radials on the rear would improve this and therefore improve your 1/8th and 1/4 times.

R31, OP says he will use DR's on the rear only, so that should help gurad against front diff breakages. Although, it is not a guarrantee that it won't necessarily not happen.

btw, i'm not sure what the quickest 1/4 mile time using a stock r32/33 box is, but it may well be in the 9's...

This calculator is better than the one I have posted earlier:

http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php

Although the 60' and 1/4 MPH inputs might not apply accurately to AWD turbo cars (more NA and dedicted drag cars)

sky30, I would suggest that you will require approx. 430-350rwkw with a 1.5 60' with 6.25-6.3 1/8 mile ET to equate to a 9.9 sec 1/4 mile ET

More info on these 400kw 32s that run 10.4 what tyres?

Mine should make 370kw once its done so with the above I should crack a 10?

Paul that owned twoogle ran 10.4. @ 136 with 400rwkw. 1/8 mile was 6.8@106mph