Photo

Arc - Just Car Insurance Forum Battle

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic
  • Car(s):HR31 GTS-R, R33 GTR VSPEC
SAU wins overall honours in the inaugural ARC Forum Battle, sponsored by Just Car Insurance.

Sean Ryan from Forum Battle said the event was going ahead rain, hail or shine… Well Melbourne put on enough Rain & Shine for everyone, thankfully no hail!

Feel free to chat here and post pictures you took of the event :)

Saturday – Motorsport

Even before the event started, Team SAU was off to a rocky start with a number of last min cancellations due to various reasons, so this was going to be a solid test of the group.

The day was easily summed up with 3 letters: WET

Everyone arrived early around 7am to damp conditions, but no rain… By 9.30am when driving briefing was to begin the weather was turning sour with rain coming down steadily. Events required alteration and until 12pm, the short course Lap Dash was going to run.

We took an initial tour of the course, there was a little standing water in some sections however overall the track was good, straights were grippy & corners being quite slippery, a challenging combination. It was set to be a good 2 hour session…

Unfortunately a Red EVO (2nd car) flew off the track and punted a wall on the warm-up lap… That took around 30-40mins to be fished out by the recovery crew. This effectively more than halved what was in the end, our only track session for the day. Whilst waiting the RX7 boys decided the track was too dangerous for them & turned around and went back to the pits, on trailers, and went back to NSW!

Everyone else however stuck it out and there was around 20 cars left to challenge one another for points. SAU took out the top end of Pro Class and Street AWD. There was actually plenty of grip out there and I saw over 160km/h on the back straight.

Later in the afternoon the Gymkhana still went on. By this stage only 10 cars completed and SAU took 2nd place in this event with Reece McIntosh showing his brilliant car control in trying conditions in what was essentially a stock R32 GTS-t, stellar effort there mate!

Summary of SAU Results

Lap Dash
Pro Class

1st – Chris Thomson – R33 GT-R on Yokohama A050
2nd – Adam Newton – “BIG RED” R32 GTS-t on Yokohama A050

Street Class – AWD/Outright

1st – Ash Cosgriff – R33 GT-R on Yokohama AD08

Gymkhana
Outright

2nd Reece McIntosh – R32 GTS-t on Federal RS

Team SAU placed in all events giving us the outright win for Motorsport on cumulative points

The Drags were cancelled as there was literally a river of water across the track by late afternoon. No results there, unfortunate for Brian in his R35. He was ready to dominate as well with a fresh 400rwkw tune!

Sunday – Show’n’Shine

Good start to the morning with only patchy skies and by 10.30am the sun was out with almost clear skies. Was a great say with lots of clubs on display from MelbS15, gripshiftslide.com, SAU, VicDrift, Mightycarmods.com & many others.

SAUs display has some great depth of cars and models. If by some work of magic, there were more R34 GT-R’s (4) than R33 GTS-t’s (0) in fact – bit of a surprise given the quality around the community. Gerry’s C110 & Team R34 GT-R pulled big crowds all day, with John & Scott’s Winfield GT-R Replica getting the most questions without a doubt from the intrigued public.

The other car club displays were great for making it quite diverse with everything from AE86s to S15s and even a worked Falcon! There was even some RC drift car action going on around the place, a solid show indeed given the previous days weather.

Show’n’Shine awards as follows:

Gerry C110 – Best Presented

Daniel R34 GT-R – Best JDM

Anthony R34 GT-R – Best Street Car

Scott/John Winfield R32 GT-R Replica - TBC (unsure of the exact award name)

Overall SAU took out Forum Battle honours.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Huge thanks to Scott Pedder for including Online Forums in the ARC Rally round (All ARC staff for that matter), talking to Scott for about 10-15mins in the afternoon, I left with the distinct impression this will occur next year so watch out for that!

Sean, Rob, Tate, Jon & Co. from Matespace, the men behind Forum Battle organisation. Lot of credit to you guys, thanks for putting up with my constant emails & phone calls :)

Simon Jreige & Team from Just Car Insurance. It’s great to see Just Car getting behind the grass roots car community the past 18 months and hopefully in years to come.

Also thanks to all other sponsors including Yokohama, Odyssey, Mothers, Zen Garage & many more.

Most importantly thank you to all SAU - who kicked in half the entry fee's for everyone.
Also every entrants who came along to represent SAU's finest. Lastly, all who braved the weather to come out and support/say a g’day & have helped get Team SAU there over the past 4-5 weeks. Lots of people put in some major efforts.

Team SAU will be back next Forum Battle :thumbsup:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:
HR31 GTS-R - Racepace built, RB26, 280rwkw @ 1bar

R33 GTR - Racepace built, 365rwkw @ 19psi

Claims to fame:
Fastest Time ever on Mega Mini Wang, first go. No R-Comps, No Cheater test days, No warm-up runs

Some pictures/review on GripShiftSlide.com as well if you want to check them out:

http://gripshiftslid...um-battle-show/

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:

Claims to fame:
Fastest Time ever on Mega Mini Wang, first go. No R-Comps, No Cheater test days, No warm-up runs

• Roy
  • Members

• 21,557 posts
Good work on getting all the cars sorted. Cool that SAU was so well represented. I see my R31 looks mint too :)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Chief Minister of RB20 propaganda
TD06-20G with some Billet goodness! Ridding the world of fossil fuels!

Silversone, Monza and Burger Ring 2010 & Near Life Experience 2011

My Youtube Page

PM me if you need some big Alcon 6 pots or see MY PARTS CLEAROUT THREAD

• Car(s):2003 V35 350GT
Awesome work there Ash! Hopefully next year it isn't on the same weekend as the Clipsal 500 - the V8s only come here once a year :(

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

v35sigpic.jpg

skyichigo : With the rims, I was thinking paint the wheels black.. as bigger rims f**k the engine ... thats my own old school opinion anyway, will consider it later.
skyichigo : it was when I did my RWC for my previous car, and when the mechanic look at my 19" rims. he said that the engine will work harder to run those big wheels and it's less space for the engine as well, and sometimes carrying too much heavy wheels on the car can possibly damage the engine mounting , and just by logic, you put bigger rims, your engine revs harder.. and imagine how long the engine life last compared to smaller rims.

• Car(s):Batmobile
Great work to all from SAU that were involved :thumbsup:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

• ARTZ
  • Members

• 19,259 posts
  • Car(s):Old Toyota

Good work on getting all the cars sorted. Cool that SAU was so well represented. I see my R31 looks mint too :)

which r31 is that ...you get a promotion Roy...

looks like it was a good show, for Skyliners anyway...:laugh:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

.....BUY ME>>>>>> http://www.skylinesa...orsready-to-go/

"somewhere in nit wit QLD there's a shed with a cracked Greddy manifold, a holset turbo with blown seals and a half witted pre-teen who plans to use a welder to make it all work"

• Car(s):10th Anniversary Majesta
congrats on win Ash
and goodjob to SAU

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

• Car(s):Honda Shitvic
Ash looks so tanned. The fk.

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

• Interests:R34 GTR's and women
  • Car(s):R34 GTR V, rotax125
top day. well done to us :D
nice photos on that gripshiftslide site
keep them coming

p.s those 2 justcar models were amazing oh my oh my hehe

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

if you dont like my spelling. talk to my english teacher.. Mr. Doesntgiveaflyingf...

• Interests:1999 RS4S Stagea, 2005 CBR1000, 1974 CB400
  • Car(s):'99 Stag RS4S
Bloody great work to everyone involved :worship:

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

• PranK
  • Admin

• 10,723 posts
  • Car(s):Bora 4Motion, Passat TDI
Awesome job all, great outcome!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Signatures are for sissys

• Car(s):Nissan S15
Well done guys! Thoroughly deserved :D

The weather was sooo bad Saturday but at least I got the win for Street Class RWD, which almost went to you Ash! hahaha
Glad Sunday weather was awesome (even got a touch burnt) and least the people were cool, rides were diverse and still had lots of fun ;)
Till next year :P

Edited by PhoenixGSR, 06 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

haha ye i had to do a double take on that, definately not RWD :D

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:

Claims to fame:

Where are the times for the sprint??

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Gorilla Supra RZ
Wakefield: 1:05's
EC: 1:45.1

The Forum Battle guys were heading back to Syd today I think so probably be posted Wed/Thurs maybe?
I don't actually know.

Soon as I do though i'll chuck them up if they come to me or i see them somewhere

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:

Claims to fame:

• Car(s):Astra VXR
Congrats on the result guys, very well deserved :cheers:

Pity about the weather, had the makings of what could have been a fantastic weekend, but i guess that's motorsport :(

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

• Car(s):Steve
Top shelf effort lads !!!
From my manual timing i had Big red in the lead most of the session... Chris must own the white r33GTR ?
i just recalled its last lap being a absolute screamer :P Obviously enough to take out honours - Congrats!

And AD08s Ash? :worship: same tires as red evo :P

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

SMSP GP Circuit: 1:34.7 (WTAC 2013)
Wakefield Park Circuit: 61:01 (OCT 2013)
on Yokohama Ao50s and weight 1430kg

Yep Chris owns the white one Steve!

Indeed AD08 goodness, least they can't be blamed for it spearing into a wall, I had lots of traction!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:

Claims to fame:

• Interests:R34 GTR's and women
  • Car(s):R34 GTR V, rotax125
anyone got more pics?
or the models phone number? pwoah haha

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

if you dont like my spelling. talk to my english teacher.. Mr. Doesntgiveaflyingf...

http://forumbattle.c...ttle-aftermath/

Summary from Forum Battle.

Has timing and more pics etc :)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

sau_nats_banner.png

CARS:

Claims to fame:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users