Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 1

emts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, new front brakes now that's an idea.

Something to do for this weekend.

Pity this event conflicts with the Sandown I'm entered in on the same weekend.

Still Sandown is a good test for brakes.

Maybe I'll get to round 2 instead.

I'll be there.

I think the massa Sandown is on the day after?

Can go to Sandown anytime, can't get along to Calder that often.

Spectators are free and welcome btw.

Yep on the Sunday but I'm all paid up from weeks ago so I guess I'll be going to Sandown.

Can't do 2 days in the one weekend but with SAU represented by you John that's all the representation we need. :thumbsup:

Just for any newbies looking to come to Calder. Its a AASA event and thus if you have been to DECA and have a AASA you can turn up to this as well.

Think of Calder like a longer long wang, not far from the truth anyway.

Not that I want the wrx club to loose money but another quiet event would be sweet! Especially if they open the sessions up to 15-20minutes like winton last year!

I'm entered!

Just for any newbies looking to come to Calder. Its a AASA event and thus if you have been to DECA and have a AASA you can turn up to this as well.

Think of Calder like a longer long wang, not far from the truth anyway.

I’ve only ever been on the Calder Raceway as part of thedrag strip return and you get warned for taking turn 1 too fast.

So if anyone else hasn’t been here before,

any better clips out there?

Not that I want the wrx club to loose money but another quiet event would be sweet! Especially if they open the sessions up to 15-20minutes like winton last year!

I'm entered!

How long are the sessions normally at Calder or these sprint events? Hopefully it doesnt get to booked, I saw the max entry amount was 80 entrants? :ermm:

Edited by eightsixboy

Was reading on wrx forum about tow points and markings.

Are the standard r32 tow points good enough for there scrutineers does any one know?

If not what do i need to do to get them up to spec?

Standard r32 points are fine. That's all I have. But you will need a blue battery triangle. Though that being said they keep changing the regs and I think if your battery is in the factory location you might get away without one. But I'd knock one up out of book contact or blue tape just to be safe!

Hahaha!

Second the overheating everything motion!

Though the 20minute sessions allow you to do a couple of warm up laps, then a few flyers, then a cool down lap or two and follow it with a few more flyers.

Switched to rt615's for winton last year and they handled the heat a lot better.