SAU Community

Deca Feb 12 Wrapup

emts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot, but a great day IMO.

Top stuff from all the volunteers out there in the weather, Very well done and many thanks.

Good to try out a variation on the Lancer theme today.

You should see lots more of the dark green incarnation over the year. FWD +1

looking forward to round two now.

Warm...but awesome day!

Thanks for all those who made it possible, nice work.

Who/where/how to get a copy of the footege(self) from the skid pan?

Short of it be patient pics and vid will get posted as ppl get a chance.

was a GREAT deca!

really enjoyed the maps, and the megaminiwang was 100 times better than the stock miniwang.

flying finishes are FTW! get the cars through faster

HUGE thanx to Leon, Ryan, Bec and all the guys that make this event happen.

also huge thanx to the volunteers!!!!!! you guys did an awesome job in the heat!

well i made it through the day unharmed even in the 40 deg heat! had a few great runs on the pan!

definitely the best driving i've done at a DECA event!

cant wait for round 2!!!!

So that's me done for a bit, been abusing Katie's Mum's internets for the afternoon.

there are a LOT more videos but will take a bit of time to upload (approx 16Gig of them)

so will start uploading when I get home tomorrow.

M

Fantastic day- Gtr held up well in the heat. Thanks to all the volunteers for their hard work. It was hot enough inside the car let alone out on the tracks!

Look forward to seeing some videos and pics. Currently uploading some gopro ones.

So that's me done for a bit, been abusing Katie's Mum's internets for the afternoon.

there are a LOT more videos but will take a bit of time to upload (approx 16Gig of them)

so will start uploading when I get home tomorrow.

M

Legend thanks Martin.

First off, thanks to the SAU organisers and Import Monster for supporting/sponsoring! Was a really well structured day and plenty of action to be had, was abit hot but we got through it. I must say, having done some track work but never a Deca Day - the driving skills of you Nissan people was an eye opener! I was the guy getting around in the red telly-tubby suit :P Most of my skid pan runs were near horrendous but I did get 1 or 2 half decent runs. The Long Mini Wang track was sweet however!

(Yeh I mis-shifted from 1st to 4th half way through haha)

Also big thanks to Leon? for answering my questions via PM prior to the event, Elvis for letting me ride shotgun and stuffing up your run as well from being nav and all the guys who said hi/commented on the boat - was an awesome day, I'd definitely come back!

Edited by swift_drift87

I had heaps of fun. I've also learn a bit more about my car. :thumbsup: Lots of new smells and sounds coming from it. But because it was my first time competing I got no where near the amount of video I wanted to get. >_<

so for the morning sessions I got all bar 2 when I had to change a battery.

for the battles I got footage of every-one in the left lane and a little bit of the right lane as well.

and a bit of the expressions sessions at the end of the day

all up about 240 videos

well i made it through the day unharmed even in the 40 deg heat! had a few great runs on the pan!

Dude, I'm pretty sure we were all fairly "harmed" from the night before, and lack of sleep.

But huge thanks to everyone that organized it and the volunteers really enjoyed my first DECCA and hope to be back soon.

Great weekend once again.

A big thanks to IMPORT MONSTER for your support and all the crew from motorsport for putting on a fantastic DECA.

The volunteers and officials once again thank you so much. :thumbsup:

thanks to all of the volunteers, SAU organisers and import monster, that was a great DECA. :worship: I can't wait for round 2 now, the car is so different to drive now but I am loving the turbo power. On low boost it's actually a lot better on the skidpad than I thought it would be and it was pretty fun on the back track, especially getting loose over those hills. see you all next time :thumbsup: