SAU Community

V35 2003 Scan Tool

GT-Rr32

• 11 months later...

I hate to revive a old thread

but what scanner is half way good at the moment for obd2, I've been looking around for a while now and i cant get find anything that doesn't look like a shitty knock off of the real thing.

I have been using the Blatz cable and nissandatascan for a while now. Works for the ECU, ABS and SRS, don't know about the TCU as I have a 6sp. Can also do immobiliser key programming if you have the PIN for your ECU.

I'm not sure what the issue is with a "knock off of the real thing". The official Nissan Consult 3 will set you back thousands..

The Chinese Nissan Consult 3 can be imported for $150 USD. When purchasing from China be careful that you're not purchasing from a reseller (of a reseller, of a reseller, of another reseller...).

The quality of the model that I purchased is great. Quality control in China varies a lot, but if you've got a warranty purchasing major sites (like Alibaba, etc.)

If you don't need to diagnose & just want to display readings, then the HKS OBD Link is a great tool.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/431576-diagnostic-port-adapter-display-app

I use both.

They would be at that price. Like Thom, I bought mine through AliBaba.com which was a $1600 knock-off of the Nissan Consult 3+ with a copy of the genuine Nissan software back in 2012. Works exactly the same as the Nissan deal itself as long as you have Windows XP on your laptop - which is what the Consult software was designed to work with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So I’m having issues with my power steering. the obvious heavy and light and comes on and off randomly now it’s constantly heavy. I’ve read through forums regarding this issue and what I’ve gather is that it’s referring to hicas deletion. That’s the problem mine didn’t come with hicas.    I’ve rebuilt the steering rack, pump, changed the bent hardline on the rack and taken out the solenoid to clean and loosen up the actuator, applied 12v to get it moving. Roughly checked the loom to see if there’s any damage to the loom and nothing. Now I’m checking the wiring. I’ve tested the wiring to the solenoid and it’s fluctuating between 0.07v to 0.03v. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to be reading? 5v? Anyone one know how this all works? Is there a fuse in between? What else is it connected to? How does it connect to the speed sensor? A resistor fried in the ecu? Please help. It’s been years Thanks in advance 
    • that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.
    • Found a car that has kiki desing wheels on it with diffrent plates that match a 2008 model when clearly it's not white  
    • Howdy friends, So this evening I had a need to remove the rear compressor turbo pipe (long story, but I'm replacing it due to a bolt snapping off in the pipe and managing to then snap an extraction bit in the broken bolt, fun times -_-). The rear bolt is a bit of a bastard and very little room to get good leverage. I was able to get a 12 mm socket onto the bolt head, but none of my ratchets were able to fit, so I put together a "stubby" socket wrench to get it out and it worked surprisingly well 🙂. In the past I've "made" tools by cutting down spanners and bending them with a torch etc, but this 3D printed wrench was way less effort. I'll be keeping this one in my "special tool draw" from now on for sure ^_^b https://www.printables.com/model/868973-half-inch-stubby-socket-wrench
    • It looks even better in Person