SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Some one was saying that the welds ( wernt pretty ) because we had used a tig and not a mig on the last Wg port we did, well from now on we will use a mig as much as possible. here is a few of the ones we have recently finished and because some one had stated they didn't like how the mig welds looked ( which does not actually effect the performance of the manifold ) we took your ideas on board and made the welds look pretty :) The large one is a 50mm port with a 50mm gate, the smaller one with the gate is a 38mm port and a v band gate, and the last one is a 44mm port with no flange.

rb261.jpg

rb268.jpg

rb262.jpg

rb263.jpg

rb264.jpg

rb265.jpg

rb266.jpg

rb267.jpg

rb251.jpg

rb252.jpg

rb253.jpg

rb254.jpg

rb255.jpg

rb256.jpg

rb2544.jpg

rb25441.jpg

rb25442.jpg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant wait to order myself one of these! get rid of my chinese leaking POS. didn't know welds were such a big deal specially when u dnt even see half of the manifold anyway or its covered in heat wrap... each 2 there own.

cant wait to order myself one of these! get rid of my chinese leaking POS. didn't know welds were such a big deal specially when u dnt even see half of the manifold anyway or its covered in heat wrap... each 2 there own.

Mate when I said mig welds were not appealing I said that from one welder to another and from a customers point of view aswell it's not a personnel attack moreso advice for criticism to come .

I personnly think for the price ur manifolds are it is a steal I would go one of these before I went Chinese but I'm making my own so it doesn't bother me either way .

As for the welds on the latest pics they do look a lot neater which is appealing to a lot of ppl and even if not scene u have piece of mind u have a relatively good looking setup

That's my 2c

Gl with it

Giday mate,

Ill post up some pix soon of the collectors for you guys

thanks

Hybrid , just wondering if you could post some more photos of the collector/where the piping merges? Just looking for some macro shots inside. Many thanks.

I've just gone thru this NZ based supplier's website and all I can say is wow! the prices are good. He is even selling manifold/ turbo packages and manifold/ wastegate packages.

What I would like to ask is, do you do GT3076R spec turbos as I only saw the GT3540 which is too big for my street application- R34 aiming for a responsive 280-300rwkw. What brand wastegates are those, hoping not some cheap chinese shit, and how reliable are your turbos- i know its NZ assembled, is there any write-up on them? Cheers Ron

Giday mate,

Thanks for the support.

Our 3540 is aimed for larger power as the rear housing is quiet big. We will be doing some smaller sizes in the near future. Turbo's are high quality and we wouldn't sell it if we didn't know that. the cheaper range we do supply is for people who are on a tighter budget most GT series turbo's we do supply are assembled by us

Our wastegates that we do supply ( we don't manufacture ourself ) but under a very high quality control and are made in Taiwan not china like most cheaper gates that boost creep. we check each item before sold and make sure they are up to standard.

I will be posting up Dyno charts soon of the turbo's / wastegate's being used on our customer's cars.

I've just gone thru this NZ based supplier's website and all I can say is wow! the prices are good. He is even selling manifold/ turbo packages and manifold/ wastegate packages.

What I would like to ask is, do you do GT3076R spec turbos as I only saw the GT3540 which is too big for my street application- R34 aiming for a responsive 280-300rwkw. What brand wastegates are those, hoping not some cheap chinese shit, and how reliable are your turbos- i know its NZ assembled, is there any write-up on them? Cheers Ron

Thanks Hybrid,

I reckon if you supply smaller turbos identical to 3076/3071 spec with manifold n gate packages at the prices you have, a strong base of dyno charts on customer cars AND solid reliability backing over a long period, then you will have a HUGE following, a big customer base in Australia is almost guaranteed, cheap and solid street spec turbos are in demand, not only in the the Nissan stables but other makes as well. Keep the good work coming. Cheers

Ok guys over the weekend i decided to take the sheets off my old car which i haven't touched in years. It use to have a stainless manifold with a T3/T4 turbo. To give you an idea the turbo was a fine hair line between the covers it was pretty much touching. The pictures bellow are a manifold we put together for a client with a 44mm port , and the turbo size is double what the t3/t4 was this is our GT3540 .70 A/R front and a 1.06 A/R rear, which compared to the old one it was .63,

manifold1b.jpg

manifold2.jpg

manifold3.jpg

manifold4.jpg

manifold5.jpg

manifold6.jpg

manifold7.jpg

manifold8.jpg

manifold9.jpg

manifold10.jpg