SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Guys,

I came across this listing on Ebay. Im on the lookout for a T4 Single Turbo Manifold for my R32 GTR and whilst I wouldnt touch the shi**y ebay stainless ones with a Sh*ty Stick, these seem to be ok. I have emailed the seller and asked why the Wastegate size and tubing is so small and he says he can manufacture these with a 46/48/50mm piping and flange for an extra $100AUD.

Has anoyne bought one or knows anything about this supplier etc?? heres the listing:-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320834139081?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Please post up and help if you can.....is this pricing too good to be true???

Cheers

Andy

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is I live in Auckland and I have never heard of him. I went to Sinco Custom in Hamilton which is 100km away and paid $1600 for a manifold of similar quality to the Boost6 items. No-one in Skylines Downunder (my NZ club) has ever mentioned this guy although there are other fabricators in Auckland but I wouldn't think you would pay less than $1000 for a decent steam-pipe manifold.

I can only guess that either the pipe is not as thick as others or its a complete scam or its the bargain of the century!

NB I have just scrolled through his ebay feedback and he appears to have heaps of customers who think their manifolds are good value for money.

This appears to be the store:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/xracing-motorsport/contact

I'm using one of these manifolds on the gtr. It came in a package deal from an expatriot kiwi with a new turbo.

My first thoughts were the same as yours, doubt as to the quality, I showed it to a couple of mates in the welding and fab game and they gave it the thumbs up so we went ahead and bolted it on.

Its done a few k now and is about the best bang for buck mod out there. zero problems, perfect fit, no restrictions when we tuned it.

We took the tune out to 500 whp before turning it back to a safe 450 whp for safety (stock bottom end)

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another if I needed it based solely on my experience with the current one.

I'm using one of these manifolds on the gtr. It came in a package deal from an expatriot kiwi with a new turbo.

My first thoughts were the same as yours, doubt as to the quality, I showed it to a couple of mates in the welding and fab game and they gave it the thumbs up so we went ahead and bolted it on.

Its done a few k now and is about the best bang for buck mod out there. zero problems, perfect fit, no restrictions when we tuned it.

We took the tune out to 500 whp before turning it back to a safe 450 whp for safety (stock bottom end)

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another if I needed it based solely on my experience with the current one.

Thanks mate, really glad I read that as these are a well priced item :thumbsup:

I have emailed the seller and asked why the Wastegate size and tubing is so small and he says he can manufacture these with a 46/48/50mm piping and flange for an extra $100AUD.

Are you referring to the wastegate takeoff, or the whole manifold? Did he give an indicator of what diameter tube is used for the standard item?

The square-ish angle of takeoff for wastegate does not look ideal, but Noel has reported good results...

Are you referring to the wastegate takeoff, or the whole manifold? Did he give an indicator of what diameter tube is used for the standard item?

The square-ish angle of takeoff for wastegate does not look ideal, but Noel has reported good results...

I'm sure there are better out there Dale but for the power level I was after and the price this item simply works.

The Seller told me all of the main pipes are 2.5mm thickness and the wastegate pipework is a little thinner. As shown on his ebay Advert it takes a 38mm wastegate. This was why I asked him about increasing the size of the wastegate pipework and flange to take say a 50mm wastegate. Im guessing he could also make them with a V-Band style Wastegate mounting instead of the 4 bolt style if enough of us wanted to buy one off him?

Noel, What size turbo are you running on your RB26 with one of these manifolds? What is clearance between the turbo and cam cover like too?

Cheers, Andy

Noel.......does your manifold take a 38mm 4 bolt wastegate? Have you seen any boost creep/boost control issues at the 500BHP level??? Im thinking 38mm is too smaller sized wastegate for 500bhp and im guessing about 1.6/1.8 bar??? Have you any dyno graphs you can post up Bud?

Cheers

Andy

The Seller told me all of the main pipes are 2.5mm thickness and the wastegate pipework is a little thinner. As shown on his ebay Advert it takes a 38mm wastegate. This was why I asked him about increasing the size of the wastegate pipework and flange to take say a 50mm wastegate. Im guessing he could also make them with a V-Band style Wastegate mounting instead of the 4 bolt style if enough of us wanted to buy one off him?

Noel, What size turbo are you running on your RB26 with one of these manifolds? What is clearance between the turbo and cam cover like too?

Cheers, Andy

I'm running a 35R Andy. clearance is about 20/25 mil to the rocker cover.

Noel.......does your manifold take a 38mm 4 bolt wastegate? Have you seen any boost creep/boost control issues at the 500BHP level??? Im thinking 38mm is too smaller sized wastegate for 500bhp and im guessing about 1.6/1.8 bar??? Have you any dyno graphs you can post up Bud?

Cheers

Andy

You are near enough to spot on with the boost pressure, about 1.8 bar.

I am using a 38 mil gate but wether Sean trimmed the boost or not I dont know, the boost line on the dyno is pretty flat.

Noel, thats exactly the turbo I was planning on fitting on this manifold....what size T4 Housing have you gone for and what rpm does it spool up like. This manifolds looking more and more like a bargain.....I think im gonna take the plunge!! Cheers, Andy

Noel, thats exactly the turbo I was planning on fitting on this manifold....what size T4 Housing have you gone for and what rpm does it spool up like. This manifolds looking more and more like a bargain.....I think im gonna take the plunge!! Cheers, Andy

The 35R is a T3 housing andy, I am using a .82 rear.

Not quite as responsive as I thought it may be but still good enough.

I see full boost around 4300 rpm.

Noel, I was looking to fit a 35R with a T4 1.06 Housing. One of the guys over here is running this spec on his 33 GTR and it spools up like crazy and is making around the 600BHp mark!! Im guessing the T3 Housing is strangeling your car matey!!

Noel, I was looking to fit a 35R with a T4 1.06 Housing. One of the guys over here is running this spec on his 33 GTR and it spools up like crazy and is making around the 600BHp mark!! Im guessing the T3 Housing is strangeling your car matey!!

If he is running a true split pulse setup then it will spool a lot harder Andy.

a .82 will not strangle response, Only top end. If anything it will improve response.

Bear in mind the cams are still set at zero, I believe we could improve response another 3/500 rpm with some dicking around.

Not that fussed atm though. Its quite economical driving around off boost and still plenty of fun when the hammer hits.

I retract my statement as you made 500WHp....thats good for a T3 Sized tubby. Is you engine still 2.6 and have you had any head work done? Im guessing the cams are stock too?

Im off to bed now as its 1am here in the UK. Speak later guys!!

Cheers

Andy

Just one last thing before I do hit the hay guys.....have any of you got any thoughts on running a precision turbo in the place of a Garret unit for a quick spooling, power producing setup? Ive looked at the 6262 abs 6265........any thoughts? Cheers and good night!!

I retract my statement as you made 500WHp....thats good for a T3 Sized tubby. Is you engine still 2.6 and have you had any head work done? Im guessing the cams are stock too?

Im off to bed now as its 1am here in the UK. Speak later guys!!

Cheers

Andy

It is still a 26,The head has had some love. ported and a full jun kit with relatively small cams.

Its a nice combo.

my 30 bottom end in the other car with the bigger turb spools slightly quicker. shows the value of cubes in relation to response.