SAU Community

Vq25Det Aftermarket Camshafts?

dcdc

Cable throttle?

What are you doing about engine management?

Scotty, what was your issue with tuning the cams? Wouldn't work, or wouldn't work with Emanage/Vmanage/etc? Would you get around this by running a PS2000 or something else?

Hey dcdc you should start a thread about your car and the mods complete with pics, no one is going to think you're a wanker considering the amount of work it appears you have done already.

Hi dcdc.

Richzx is right. We would love to see a thread about your plans for the car, what you have achieved so far, and fabrication. We are a Community here that love the Stagea. Doesn't matter what form it takes, we love them all. You have no doubt garnered info from here to make your plans, and we have tried to help you along the way. The community is only as strong as its members. I think this site, along with another Stagea site, is the premier place for info over the whole net. I'm sure the Russians have something similar, but put you hand up if you speak Russian.....

I personally Doff my Hat to you. I think its a crazy insane great project. If its a spectacular failure, which none of us hope it is, then so be it- you tried, and thats what counts. Plenty of people spin loads of shit on the site; but pics, plans and set backs all make for great reading along the way (just have a look at some of the threads in the builds section). None of us will judge you for that. We all change our minds about our cars very regularly! I think you have taken some of us by surprise about the magnitude of your build.

Hope to see a build thread and some more pics and plans soon.

thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I Just have to dig up this 'old' thread (well nearly 1 year old), but I'm keen on seeing some progress and/or some initial photos of progress up to the above photo of fitting the R34 box.

How easy is the R34 GTR box to fit upto a VQ series motor. Aside from the cut and shut bell housing?

Without having one in front of me, can't you use the 6 speed from the V35/350Z and attach the transfer case to it for less (or perhaps more?) fabrication but AWD action?

It sounds like Aftermarket Engine Management on these cars is a pain in the ar$e. There was mention about the ECU controlling the dash/heater/elec windows/abs/etc. via the ECU CAN system. I'm pretty sure MoTeC make a CAN based system for control. Could this be adapted to replace the Nissan ECU? It's bloody expensive (I think $2k just for the module and then there is the wiring costs on top of that)

Except the M35 CAN system in an orphan too.

RWD, go the z33 box, but for awd, the r33 gtr box is now the go. A company in the US has made a gearbox adapter for VQ to RB box.

A Link G4 will run the show with either the auto or manual, just that no-one has done it yet.

• 8 months later...

What you see in the picture is a 34 getrag shifter with custom shift linkage and a modified transmission tunnel. And a clutch pedal, but you saw that one. tongue.gif

Hey someone else had the common sense to put a manual in there NM35.... A friend told me about a a NM35 at a workshop on Newmarket rd with a R34 6 speed and a VQ stroker.... Would that be yours?????

There's a huge amount of money invested in that build; the amount of fabrication is enormous.

Do some calcs at $120-$160ph for their kind of pricing.

I still don't quite see how they were planning on fitting a cooling system in with the size of the turbo in that engine bay.

There's a huge amount of money invested in that build; the amount of fabrication is enormous.

Do some calcs at $120-$160ph for their kind of pricing.

I still don't quite see how they were planning on fitting a cooling system in with the size of the turbo in that engine bay.

Boot mounted radiator. All the cool off roaders are doing it