SAU Community

Carbon Driveshafts

tk80

Looking for feedback from gtr owners who have put a carbon driveshaft in their car. There seems to be mixed opinions on whether you can feel the difference in acceleration.

i'm getting towards the end of modifying my car. If i can drop 7 or 8kg and have quicker acceleration from the same mod i think it will be worth the money.

also, anyone deal with these guys?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-driveshafts/nissan/nissan-skyline-r33-95-98-awd-gt-r-carbon-fiber-driveshaft

seems cheap enough.

and for all those search nazi's...yes i've searched and i'm sick of reading about the acpt debacle. i just want owner feedback.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...got americanised after looking at that website.

They have a local distributor. I look forward to laughing at the price difference to what the manufacturer has quoted on their site.

Anyway...feedback...who's got some?

What's the weight of the shaft?

When I had mine in it did make a noticeable difference. It was alot more snappy! If only it didn't shake the car to bits!

I think it's worth the $1,300 for it IF it's fine!

Bad enough that I pulled it out and got it balanced, put it back in. It was better but not good enough. Anything over 120 km/h it would 'groan' (literally make a groaning noise) and vibrate. Put the stock shaft back in and all was good.

If I didn't have issues with mine it would still be in the car no doubt about it.

extra $500 on top the one i've linked....plus shipping. it would want to be a good piece. is 2kg lighter though.

i think i'd feel more comfortable with a local distributor in case something goes pear-shaped...like with Piggaz.

waiting for feedback on that uk link.

extra $500 on top the one i've linked....plus shipping. it would want to be a good piece. is 2kg lighter though.

i think i'd feel more comfortable with a local distributor in case something goes pear-shaped...like with Piggaz.

I know a bloke on the pommie forum going by the name of "Hugh Keir" is running one of those shafts in his 34. His setup is OS 3.0, twin HKS 3037's, Holinger box (i think). It will be interesting to see the price of the UK product.

I'm another one with a black carbon dildo AKA 2000hp carbon tail shaft and mine like Pigazz's is now hanging on the wall in my house in Japan like a piece of art and not doing where its supposed to be e.g in my car.

It was made by the same company who makes them for Trust, so the quality should have been spot on.

The ones in the UK actually look like they work as finished product does look that..finished !!

Mine had a few race mechanics scratching their heads and lots of sighing.

I'd do a lot of research before forking out your hard earned money.

Just spoke to Oliver from torqline in the uk.

Price is 1240gbp for 1, drops to 1150gbp each if your order 3 and drops to 1070gbp if you order 6.

If you add shipping of circa 200gbp then you're up around 2100 - 2200 aud delivered. Problem is that you'll get jammed for duties on the way into aust....might as well call it $2500.

But, it does seem to be the most reputable cf shaft I've found so far.

you can buy the driveshaft shop ones for 1450 delivered (probably cheaper but need to negotiate).

the torqline ones which have been designed and made by the same guys that supply the fia/gt3 cars etc cost about 2100 plus any duties you get slapped with on the way in from the UK. the ones they put in those cars weigh 2kg...i didn't get the cost of that but i would imagine more than my car.

The torqline one weighs in at 5.9kg. Driveshaft shop circa 7.5kg.

Edited by tk80

Well Im going to add my two bobs worth...

I have got a PST carbon shaft in my GTR R34 it is the best there is.... you get what you pay for.. you want to go lighter then depending on power you will be buying another one as it will break...

I bought a ACPT shaft and I broke it in a week, it was shit, then they sent me another one as replacement it was suppose to be the 1200hp one, I could not even drive the car above 40 klms/Hr the vibrations were that bad, I rang them they said it had been balanced the service was piss poor and I was pissed off, so I sent it to a engineering shop to get rebalanced. So another $600 for the rebalance and it was ok... I Will never by another one from ACPT they make them for trust, nismo and all the other Jap brands.. they are crap.

By this time I put a Holinger in my car so I spoke to PST drive shaft in the US they custom made one and it is awesome.. good to talk to and the price was very reasonable, it will be better now the Dollar is $1.06 The gearbox will break before the shaft will.

Dont pm me asking stupid questions on the weight, cost or where do you get it, do your research as I did.