SAU Community

Wgnc34 Intercooler Kit

Race__24

I have a Cooling-Pro Stealth from Just Jap. The bottom brackets didn't fit and we had to make our own but everything else was ok. It does hang a bit lower than I would have liked (it is visible under the front bar) but that would be pretty easily fixed with some home made brackets to sit it higher. I painted mine black but now they sell them in black for the same price - $499

I have a blitz LM kit. Nice bit of gear. Everything lined up and bolted up perfectly. Some trimming of the splash tray underneath for the return pipe, but no biggy. Instructions, even though they were in Japanese were easy enough to follow as it had a heap of pics.

The car has some type of generic delta fin core in it at the moment. The person who installed it did a particularly crap job so I want to do it again. Plus the silicon joiners are pretty dodgy and the hose clamps are no better. I had the cooler hose blow off 4 times in a single trip.

The car will be making around 250 4wkw once tuned on e85. Currently it's making 230 4wkw on 98ulp

I really can't afford a premium cooler at the moment so a kit for around $500 or less would be the go.

I was looking at the ISC tube and fin coolers, has anyone had anything to do with them?

I want to stay away from the return flow types as I already have stuff where the pipes would need to go.

Cheers guys

I haven't seen one of those before. I'm not sure why, it makes more sense than running it back under the cooler.

I am running a fmic from a wreckers i got for 100 bucks, i then went and bought 4 90* bends and 1.5m of mild steel piping from the exhaust shop and just made myself the return flow piping. It runs under the cooler back to the stock pipes in the engine bay, cost me about 250 all up and looks better than most setups you can buy... will put some pics of it up later :thumbsup:

I'm running a Hybrid intercooler with custom made pipping(thanks to Scottym35) the intercooler is a 75 mm. so room was scarce but was done he used 2 1/2 " S/S pipe and I had some 20 mm.hose clamps,which I highly recommend(you can get the Tridon for $5 the 3" ones and are far better than normal) fitment wasn't 100% but that was my fault didn't have time and approval of the miss so finished how it is ..plus had to shave part of the front bumper...