SAU Community

Rb26 Miata Mx5

what do you think of the rb26 miata mx5?   

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello a few buddies of mine started this project when I met them about 4 years ago ,a RB powered Miata mx5 !!!

at first we installed a rb25 neo motor had to do allot of r&d and we went 9.8 @ 143 in the 1/4 mile. while all that was going on we had been working on a rb26 building it from head.to toe! The car now has a RB26 fully built with a powerglide 2 speed gearbox,GM differential,custom made axles especially for this car from the DRIVE SHAFT SHOP AXLES,a pair of 26x10.5 Mickey Thompson full slicks , Garrett gt42-45R dual ballbearing turbo,c16 race fuel,26psi making over 800hp and 600+ ft.lbs.tq

let me know what you guys think!

this was our 9sec pass On the 5 speed manual gearbox (still had the rb25)

This was our first pass on the powerglide gearbox we didn't know how the car was going to react we wanted to see what it did so we could dial in the launch and everything else after

We were so happy the car did so great on the first pass!!!!! (RB26 set up )the car is capable of doing 8's , the 15th of January we are going to import face off here in SoCal we are definitely going 8's !!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm thats a very interesting conversion. Its amazing how many different engines have gone into mx5s over the yrs. I personally would've gone a TT Lexus quad cam. But hey each to thier own :)

Edited by Raysboostin

This is another video we went 10.1@91mph driver let off half a track and step on brakes at the end we were in a class for import face off we didn't wana get discualified lol Edited by nismorb25neo

No I wish lol the motor wouldn't have let us put the radiator in ,we wanted the radiator to fit and not have to cut the crap out of the front so we cut 3" off the firewall to make it fit better,and it actually worked out very well and were very happy with the outcome! The 15th of this month is import face off here in SoCal,hopefully we can hit the 8's,were very excited about it! Its been a long journey to be where we are now alloy if sleepless nights and R%D. I will be posting up the videos for sure for you guys entertainment!

No I wish lol the motor wouldn't have let us put the radiator in ,we wanted the radiator to fit and not have to cut the crap out of the front so we cut 3" off the firewall to make it fit better,and it actually worked out very well and were very happy with the outcome! The 15th of this month is import face off here in SoCal,hopefully we can hit the 8's,were very excited about it! Its been a long journey to be where we are now allot of sleepless nights and R%D. I will be posting up the videos for sure for you guys entertainment!