SAU Community

Tv Unit, Conversion Language...

Zabrina

Hey guys, my r34 has the pop up tv display unit in it which is really sweet. The only problem is, its in japanese. Does anyone know if there is a way to change it to English, ive disconnected it for now. If not are their alternative solutions?

Been looking everywhere, and asking everyone but they have no idea, they only recommend to put a reversing cam in instead.

Keen for some help or alternative options

Thanks!

Sabrina :)

yes I havent seen it done but Brad in SA can do some cars

jap to english conversion

My car had it but I dumped the whole lot and did aftermarket stuff, and made the TV pod look and stay up like a GTR. only in carbon fiber now. has a 8" hi res TV now with 4 channels of input and video amp.

the pod actually sits lower then the factory pop up and uses the lid and frame as a surround . the factory one is junk, most die from bad solder joints.

another option is use it for the input , the metal box behind the carpet in the boot on the passenger side rear seat area has inputs for audio/video. the other box leave alone or your car will malfunction. and the one on the other side as well.

welcome to the forums, always welcome to see a lady on SAU and into cars

• 2 weeks later...

There definitely are options, they are very expensive however. I had all of my gear ripped out an replaced with an aftermarket screen that replaced the factory unit, a DVD player, GPS unit and I have a third input free for further uses (not sure what I'll use it for yet, probably a HKS Camp 2). Folds out of the top of the dash just like the factory unit, all neat an tidy. Cost several thousand however.

Where abouts are you located? I can suggest a great guy to talk to about options if you are in Brisbane.

• 3 weeks later...

There definitely are options, they are very expensive however. I had all of my gear ripped out an replaced with an aftermarket screen that replaced the factory unit, a DVD player, GPS unit and I have a third input free for further uses (not sure what I'll use it for yet, probably a HKS Camp 2). Folds out of the top of the dash just like the factory unit, all neat an tidy. Cost several thousand however.

Where abouts are you located? I can suggest a great guy to talk to about options if you are in Brisbane.

hey whos is the guy u got the stuff done by and how much was it and were abouts is he in brizy

Contact Audio Express for information. Very expensive way of doing things, you will be much better off going with a double DINN DVD player/GPS unit and the standard triple gauges. I went down the factory looking route because I'm a little pedantic about things looking as stock as possible.

• 5 months later...

yes I havent seen it done but Brad in SA can do some cars

jap to english conversion

My car had it but I dumped the whole lot and did aftermarket stuff, and made the TV pod look and stay up like a GTR. only in carbon fiber now. has a 8" hi res TV now with 4 channels of input and video amp.

the pod actually sits lower then the factory pop up and uses the lid and frame as a surround . the factory one is junk, most die from bad solder joints.

another option is use it for the input , the metal box behind the carpet in the boot on the passenger side rear seat area has inputs for audio/video. the other box leave alone or your car will malfunction. and the one on the other side as well.

welcome to the forums, always welcome to see a lady on SAU and into cars

Thanks so much for your reply!

Its been a while since ive been on here, but still no change! Im half tempted to ring everyone if they know the conversion or just to remove it

Contact Audio Express for information. Very expensive way of doing things, you will be much better off going with a double DINN DVD player/GPS unit and the standard triple gauges. I went down the factory looking route because I'm a little pedantic about things looking as stock as possible.

Sweet thanks for the info! Im from melb but a trip to brizzy may be worth it!