SAU Community

Cams Come & Try Day

Pezhead

I just got some info from CAMS on the 2012 NSW Come & Try Day. I bet this will fill up fast so if you want to get in register early.

[info from CAMS]

COME AND TRY DAY SATURDAY 28 JANUARY 2012

Saturday 28 January 2012 will be the second major CAMS NSW Come and Try Day hosted at Eastern Creek International Raceway.

The focus of the event is on attracting new people to motor sport by giving them a taste of a few of the different disciplines available. The event is an ideal opportunity for anyone with a passion for motor sport to get involved and find out exactly how to get started.

The CAMS NSW Come and Try Day is a great initiative aimed at promoting motor sport. The key disciplines involved include Supersprints, Motorkhana, and Motor Race, which will provide registrants with a firsthand opportunity to witness these disciplines and partake in the fundamental elements of Motorkhana and Supersprint.

Additionally, the event will include informational tours on the duties and responsibilities of various officials, including the fire and recovery marshals, administration, stewards, the event secretary and the clerk of course.

Four staggered groups will go through the different activities, with the activities running for approximately 3 and ½ hours. Morning and afternoon sessions are available. A car is the only requirement for you to participate in the Come and Try Day. If you already hold or have held a CAMS competitor or officials licence, then you are not able to participate in this day.

The costs for participants will be $30, which will include insurance for the day.

Bookings are required.

For more information regarding the day contact:

Daniel A. Milazzo Sport and Club Development Officer NSW

Mob: 0458 979 381 Email: [email protected]

2012 CAMS Come and Try Day - Press Release.pdf

2012 Come and Try Day - Flyer.pdf

Guys, this is a good day, especially for only $30.

I was an instructor at their very first one held this year in Jan and they had around 200 from the public entered with lots of Skylines present.

Most people got at least 5 laps around the full circuit and time on the skid pan and figure 8 circuit. I understand this year they will be using the North Track (the fast one!).

I will be there again as an instructor. Hope to catch you there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the guys who missed out, SAUNSW has something similar for first timers to Motokhanas (which was a discipline offered at the cams day), it's not stressful on the car at all, and heaps of help on offer if you would like it;

First timers fee is only $35, so come have a try

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/383719-s-a-u-n-s-w-texi-sos-12th-february-2012/page__view__findpost__p__6121297

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• You will need custom pistons made, the combustion chamber is to modified for any off the shelf piston to give a good compression ratio 
    • Which is a thing done by no-one ever. Not even remotely a good idea. I would run an engine with 10:1 these days. Good management and fuel compared to the early 90s when these boat motors were designed & built.  
    • I think you misunderstand. This was Greg driving from Melb to Syd (or return) at a constant 100km/h on the highway. Very little throttle movement, very little accel/decel. You should be able to get 8.5 l/100km under those circumstances (which is effectively what he reports - 50L for 600km is 8.3 l/100km). I drive my car to & from work every day, in traffic, on a mixture of 50, 60, 90 km/h roads (and therefore at up to 110km/h!!) with traffic lights and freeway sections. 28 km each way, so about a 30-40 minute drive depending on day, direction and traffic (which is enough for the majority of the drive to be "fully warmed up". I typically get flat 10 l/100km every single week. OK, maybe 10-10.5, every single tank of fuel. RB25DET Neo. It is easy to get acceptable economy. I won't say "good" economy, because modern cars are doing 5-6 l/100km in the same conditions.
    • Superpro are fine. There are some applications (R32 FUCAs for example) where they are no damn good, but typically for any normal suspension bush, they are fine. Some people will complain of them making noise. Some people will complain of them collapsing. But many of those can probably be traced back to not properly lubing at install or other installation problems, or possibly other problems elsewhere in the suspension that put additional load into particular bush. And for the legit complaints? Meh. Deal with it. I had to replace the poly bushes in my R32 FUCAs every year. The real issue is that I am sold on the idea of adjustability of at least upper arms. So I only have spots for poly bushes in lower arms these days, as everything else is either hardened rubber or spherical steel.
    • Suspension really is complicated.... All these considerations are making me over think it all. Again. I reckon I'll wait for SK's response on his coilovers, and go from there. Though if I go MCA, I'll have to decide on whether the extra $600 (voston comforts $1890, mca pro comfort is $2490) is worth it. Just something soft and comfy, yet firm enough when required at the track or a casual old pac drive for a pie... Otherwise, anyone have experience with SuperPro bushings? Needing to replace the bushings on the suspension department... Will probably keep the oem uppercontrol arms etc, and just replace the bushings.