SAU Community

Need More Power From Vq25Dd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With decent modifications (HFCs, exhaust, Intake, Z-tube, Kinetix upper plenum, alloy radiator, oil cooler, bigger trans cooler, Apexi SAFCII, but no cams or port and polish) I have got my VQ35 up to 183rwkw ..... I would think you would be pushing shit uphill to get anywhere near that with a VQ25

For the both of you -

HKS Supercharger

The site lists your models, however I have no idea if it would actually fit. Only seen them done on VQ35de (350z / V35)

180kw from NA and your engine your dreaming. Go and buy a 350. Much more parts support, and will do that figure with a manual tranny and bolt ons.

That depends on a lot of things. I wouldn't blanket say it goes out the window.

I'd say if you have a shit tune, and are running 10psi into a stock with either method, and attending track days/drags/industrial park skids(ninja.gifjk) regularly THEN I would say reliability goes out the window.

Simple facts are, if you stick to a low boost level, drive sensibly, and pay close attention to servicing and cooling, then I don't think reliability is affected at all. Facts are that there are many FI cars rolling around with 30, 40, 50 thousand MILES (and even more in some cases) under their belts.

Oh, and I did figure that OP is on P's too. Which makes both suggestions of S/C or upgrade to a 350 useless rolleyes.gif

looking to get more power from the 2.5 VQ25DD Di engine. Aim is 180kw is this possible from a NA if so what do i do

Hi Mark,

If it were me, I'd just enjoy the car till you get off your P's (if that's the case) & then sell/trade for a vehicle that either has, or can easily obtain, your chosen power goal.

^^^ haha if you didn't want to do these things, then WHY woud you bother going FI :) ....

Cause frankly, the car isn't exactly a ball of fire. Not in 350z/V35 and its even worse in a barge ass Wagon! You can bolt whatever you want onto it, and argue about 3 or 8kw gains, but at the end of the day FI is the easiest (and cheapest in a way) way of getting some real power/torque out of these motors.

I want to do a track day or two to better my driving skills, but the car is a daily. Its not going to be track orientated, stripped or every be competitive in the scheme of things.

I am assuming he means 180KW at the flywheel, not at the wheels, which is close to VQ30DD territory. But to do that with a VQ25DD, you are looking at a 20% power increase, which is going to be difficult to do with NA and on an engine with very minimal 'bolt on' options available. Especially considering the DD engines have quite good power and torque figures for their capacities.

Also does anyone know if a 3.5V6 air intake till fit on the 2.5

Looks pretty much the same from a google search.

Go get a "z-tube" and a "powerduct" = power X 11ty Billion.

Whatever you do don't get a pod filter. Not even if you are desperate for lady friends with heckic mods.

Can make own powerduct too....