Photo

Need More Power From Vq25Dd

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic
  • Car(s):2002 Skyline
looking to get more power from the 2.5 VQ25DD Di engine. Aim is 180kw is this possible from a NA if so what do i do

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

#NoFace

• Car(s):1996 R33 4 Door
Good luck with this i want more out of my VQ30DD but have been unsuccessfull coming across any parts NA wise to do the proposed power increasing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

i got told cold air intake, exhaust and a port and polish and lighten the car a bit, kind of hard on a V35 sedan hahahahah.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

#NoFace

• Car(s):2003 V35 350GT
With decent modifications (HFCs, exhaust, Intake, Z-tube, Kinetix upper plenum, alloy radiator, oil cooler, bigger trans cooler, Apexi SAFCII, but no cams or port and polish) I have got my VQ35 up to 183rwkw ..... I would think you would be pushing shit uphill to get anywhere near that with a VQ25

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

v35sigpic.jpg

skyichigo : With the rims, I was thinking paint the wheels black.. as bigger rims f**k the engine ... thats my own old school opinion anyway, will consider it later.
skyichigo : it was when I did my RWC for my previous car, and when the mechanic look at my 19" rims. he said that the engine will work harder to run those big wheels and it's less space for the engine as well, and sometimes carrying too much heavy wheels on the car can possibly damage the engine mounting , and just by logic, you put bigger rims, your engine revs harder.. and imagine how long the engine life last compared to smaller rims.

• Car(s):PNM35, RPS13, K13
For the both of you -

HKS Supercharger

The site lists your models, however I have no idea if it would actually fit. Only seen them done on VQ35de (350z / V35)

180kw from NA and your engine your dreaming. Go and buy a 350. Much more parts support, and will do that figure with a manual tranny and bolt ons.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

2005 Nissan Stagea Series II 350RX Four- no more boosts- aspirated by atmosphere again.Built by M35 Garage- HKS Bro Dealer...UPREV TUNED BY DVS JEZ (0414879711)

1994 180SX track car. Now with added because racecar. Wakefield 1:07.6, SMSP Sth 1:07, Eastern Ck GP 1:52.

PM me if you need V35/M35 error/diagnostic codes read in Sydney

Yeah but reliability absolutely goes out the window with the addition of a supercharger or turbo (and I assume the OP is on his Ps so can't have forced induction).

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

v35sigpic.jpg

skyichigo : With the rims, I was thinking paint the wheels black.. as bigger rims f**k the engine ... thats my own old school opinion anyway, will consider it later.
skyichigo : it was when I did my RWC for my previous car, and when the mechanic look at my 19" rims. he said that the engine will work harder to run those big wheels and it's less space for the engine as well, and sometimes carrying too much heavy wheels on the car can possibly damage the engine mounting , and just by logic, you put bigger rims, your engine revs harder.. and imagine how long the engine life last compared to smaller rims.

That depends on a lot of things. I wouldn't blanket say it goes out the window.
I'd say if you have a shit tune, and are running 10psi into a stock with either method, and attending track days/drags/industrial park skids(Posted Imagejk) regularly THEN I would say reliability goes out the window.

Simple facts are, if you stick to a low boost level, drive sensibly, and pay close attention to servicing and cooling, then I don't think reliability is affected at all. Facts are that there are many FI cars rolling around with 30, 40, 50 thousand MILES (and even more in some cases) under their belts.

Oh, and I did figure that OP is on P's too. Which makes both suggestions of S/C or upgrade to a 350 useless Posted Image

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

2005 Nissan Stagea Series II 350RX Four- no more boosts- aspirated by atmosphere again.Built by M35 Garage- HKS Bro Dealer...UPREV TUNED BY DVS JEZ (0414879711)

1994 180SX track car. Now with added because racecar. Wakefield 1:07.6, SMSP Sth 1:07, Eastern Ck GP 1:52.

.... and attending track days/drags/industrial park skids(Posted Imagejk) regularly THEN I would say reliability goes out the window.

^^^ haha if you didn't want to do these things, then WHY woud you bother going FI :) ....

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

v35sigpic.jpg

• Car(s):M35 Stagea

looking to get more power from the 2.5 VQ25DD Di engine. Aim is 180kw is this possible from a NA if so what do i do

Hi Mark,

If it were me, I'd just enjoy the car till you get off your P's (if that's the case) & then sell/trade for a vehicle that either has, or can easily obtain, your chosen power goal.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Love DIY.

^^^ haha if you didn't want to do these things, then WHY woud you bother going FI :) ....

Cause frankly, the car isn't exactly a ball of fire. Not in 350z/V35 and its even worse in a barge ass Wagon! You can bolt whatever you want onto it, and argue about 3 or 8kw gains, but at the end of the day FI is the easiest (and cheapest in a way) way of getting some real power/torque out of these motors.

I want to do a track day or two to better my driving skills, but the car is a daily. Its not going to be track orientated, stripped or every be competitive in the scheme of things.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

I only have 4 months left so I'm not worried lol but yea

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

• Car(s):2005 V35 350GT
I am assuming he means 180KW at the flywheel, not at the wheels, which is close to VQ30DD territory. But to do that with a VQ25DD, you are looking at a 20% power increase, which is going to be difficult to do with NA and on an engine with very minimal 'bolt on' options available. Especially considering the DD engines have quite good power and torque figures for their capacities.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Love the 30 the power is perfect for p plates plenty of room being a sedan for lugging mates around

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

• Car(s):2011 Skoda Octavia vRS
remove engine, replace with VQ25DET and get close to 300kw at the wheels on 98RON fuel

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

"I don't always Nissan, but when I do, I Renault."

your just trying to sell the engine from the one your wrecking aren't you zei :P

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Posted Image

• Car(s):nm35 Stagea
That one went months ago. Considering how rare the det's are I would be building a 3.5 up for FI.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Stock VQ25det with ARP L19 head studs, GTX3071 @ 32psi, Fcon V pro, 1000cc Xspurt's, twin walbros, custom 3.5 inch stainless exhaust with 45mm external gate, 3 inch intake, modified greddy intercooler(220x600), greddy oil thermostat/cooler, built RE5 trans with cooler, R34/Z33 Brembos, 350z LSD, BC coilovers, Bride Euro II.     330awkw on United e85.

Scotty's Customs:            Fabricating high performance intakes, cooler piping and exhausts.                    scottyscustoms.com.au

I can also supply aftermarket injectors and fuel pumps at good prices, PM me. Inhouse injector cleaning, refurbishing and flow testing now available.

I'm just a bit over a year away from my fulls. I intend on keeping the car I have now and turbo it or get a stagea M35 turbo. But I would like to get as much power as I can out of the 2.5 V6 as I can

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

#NoFace

Also does anyone know if a 3.5V6 air intake till fit on the 2.5

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

#NoFace

Also does anyone know if a 3.5V6 air intake till fit on the 2.5

Looks pretty much the same from a google search.
Go get a "z-tube" and a "powerduct" = power X 11ty Billion.

Whatever you do don't get a pod filter. Not even if you are desperate for lady friends with heckic mods.

Can make own powerduct too....

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

My vq30dd came with a pod filter, why the hate?

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users