SAU Community

Just Jap Racing Time Attack R35

Hi guys,

As many of you are already aware, we have been developing one of our R35 GTR's in Japan to compete in the street class of the Japanese Time Attack series.

This car has been a mammoth project, engineered and built with ATTKD in Japan, sporting a VR38 stroked to 4.1 Litres, with the HKS GT-800 Twin Turbo Kit and uprated driveline, and yesterday in practice it managed a 58.6 at the Rev Speed Tsukuba Lap Battle, setting a new record for the street radial class.

More details to come later, but we thought you would enjoy some updated pics of the car in its current form

img0956gp.jpg

38984125348686457131073.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

Just Jap Racing

that is very quick, congrats Steve. I am also interested in knowing what tyres that was on

Hi Mark,

We ran it on some brand new Hancook tyres we were testing out.

I just corrected the time I originally posted, the actual lap time was 59.3 which as I said we are delighted with! :)

Correct me if I am wrong but that is very little improvement for such huge changes to the car. I gather that the suspension is not yet setup? <BR><BR>Also, I am curious as to why increase the displacement when getting HP out of these things is hardly difficult at std displacement.

Edited by turboadam

Correct me if I am wrong but that is very little improvement for such huge changes to the car. I gather that the suspension is not yet setup? <BR><BR>Also, I am curious as to why increase the displacement when getting HP out of these things is hardly difficult at std displacement.

Fair question Adam.

The car is still under development and has only recently been finished so this was an early testing session, we have a long road ahead with suspension tuning, more tyre testing and a lot more.

HP wise the car is also not running at full power as yet, long way to go before that happens

We elected to build the car tough from the get go to ensure it was capable of making big power reliably - We are using the HKS GT-800 Turbo kit and opted to strap it to a built engine rather than stock.

There will be more to come, we certainly havent seen the cars full potential as yet

Watch this space!

that's because the stock GTR is so good out of the box

but also because tsukuba is a tight circuit - and imo the R35 has outgrown it

the JDM tuners like Amuse, Mines, MCR are in the 58-9s with their square tyre setups, exhaust + ecu mods, huge aero parts hanging off the front and rear

im sure you'd see a bigger margin by % on a power circuit like fuji with a big hp built motor (just as HKS have done with benchmarking their continual development car/s)

Edited by domino_z

that's because the stock GTR is so good out of the box

but also because tsukuba is a tight circuit - and imo the R35 has outgrown it

the JDM tuners like Amuse, Mines, MCR are in the 58-9s with their square tyre setups, exhaust + ecu mods, huge aero parts hanging off the front and rear

im sure you'd see a bigger margin by % on a power circuit like fuji with a big hp built motor (just as HKS have done with benchmarking their continual development car/s)

Hit the nail on the head!

Small tight circuit and early days yet :)

LOL, I retract my statement.

Yesterday your post stated it's done a 53.9. Hence I said THAT IS QUICK.

Today your post has been altered and says 59.3. Now I have to ask, What is the hold up? :P

French pastries made it fat! :)

Small update for you all, it turns out the time I originally received was incorrect and I have confirmed from ATTKD who were driving the car at Tsukuba that the car actually did a 58.6, narrowly knocking their own white R34 GTR off the top with the new record for the street radial class at this circuit.

We looking forward to bring you guys more updates soon.

Cheers,

Steve

A bit of a random question but do the japanese take offence to the word 'Jap' written on the side of the 35? I know that some consider it an offensive slur.

Hi Ryan,

No they don't, and we have been doing business in Japan for a very long time :)

Small update for you all, it turns out the time I originally received was incorrect and I have confirmed from ATTKD who were driving the car at Tsukuba that the car actually did a 58.6, narrowly knocking their own white R34 GTR off the top with the new record for the street radial class at this circuit.

We looking forward to bring you guys more updates soon.

Cheers,

Steve

That's more like it! Well done! :)