SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

Right kids...

Thursday is the day for BF3 on PC! Unfortunately Thursday is also the day I head up to Shepp for the SAU Nationals >_<

So come Monday it'll be game on for me...

So who's pre-ordered? Who's gonna be playing?

I know a few of my mates, and brother are all set to rock and roll. So no doubt a fair whack of you lot are!

I will definately organise a BF3 night for us as my work and life is about to quieten down a little leading into Xmas period so intend on getting back into some games :worship:

It's actually available for play now my mate told me a heap of people unlocked it via proxy so ea decided to release it early

God bless proxy

I'm getting 4mb/sec download speed

Nope are you? I've downloaded it via vnc don't even have to pick it up at the shops and it only cost me $44 au for the limited edition one

Oh wait Plus 4mb/sec download speeds

20111025125935.jpg

ill be there gaiz, usual tag of bozodos on Origin

it's not out for Aus yet either, if you're that desperate you could VPN to South Korea or something like that

just installed the newest Nvidia drivers for it (since the beta ones were making my machine hard lock up in everything!)

just lifted this from the OCAU thread, and have gotten it working on mine for early access:

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan Settings (Bottom of the Panel)

Tick "Use a proxy server for your LAN" Address: 210.107.100.251 Port: 8080

Click Okay. The via ORIGIN start BF3 and it'll unlock. Then untick "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and you are good to go.

haha I was wondering why you keep playing the Russian version Madaz!

Turns out that something to do with my GTX 460 SLI setup is causing an issue; solid as a rock on one card!

Single player is pretty good, but too scripted for my liking, multiplayer is fkn AWESOME! (would have liked more destruction but I guess there are limitations to that)