SAU Community

Hks 2835 Pro S,

DaveO74

Hey Peeps,

Just thought Id post up my experience with DVS JEZ last night.

I have had my car off the road for a year after deciding to do an overhaul and cleanup, but as things always go I have had to get the car going as it is needed for daily duties for a while.

Last week I got in contact with DVS JEZ and explained to him my situation and that I needed a tune done on my new mods fairly quickly as I am a little pressed for time. He was able to book out a dyno and fit me in last night so off I drove up to the central coast for what we thought would be a quick 2 hour tune.

For the first couple of runs all was good and and it seemed that we were going to have an easy night, then the trouble started >_<

Every time we ramped up the car it wasnt getting full boost till around 4300+ rpm and was making a massive 140odd rwkw......"WOW, the thousands of dollars spent really have paid off" we joked and started the process of tracking down what was causing the power loss and massive lag.

So we at first thought the wastgate wasnt holding closed so we took the dump of to have a look, if any of you have seen how the Pro S kit is put together you would realise this is NOT an easy task. We found what we though was a little bit of a dodgy seal on the Wastgate flap but JEZ was concinced that this wasnt the cause of our problem.

Off went the cat, and even though it lookied ok we straight away gained heaps of power every where so that was the culprit. After it was fixed we spent the next couple of hours fine tuning and I couldnt be happier with the results

277kw @18 psi with plenty more in but we thought being a daily for now and as the weather is getting hotter it was really nice and safe at this level.

I cannot thank JEZ (and Boydy) :worship: enough for the time and effort they put in last night, we were up there tuning till 1am and the guys were more than happy to finish the job, even when I offered to let them just rough it up for now and then we can finish it off later.

I am so impressed with his workmanship and the way he explained everything to me as he went along, made me feel very comfortable leaving my pride and joy in his hands.

And as for the HKS Huffer, all I can say is......WOW What a turbo, this thing just is so dam responsive and has power everywhere, Im glad i searched for so long to get iit and didnt settle for anythging else, IMO HKS can really justify the heavy price tag.

Anyway enough babbling and time for the list of mods and the dyno sheet.

PFC

Old China/Hybrid FMIC

3.5inch Custom Intake with APEXi pod

Custom Air box with CAI(Home Made)

Plazmaman Plenum

Plazmaman plumb back BOV

Greddy Ex Cam Gear

HKS 2835 PRO S (.68) with HKS dump into Blitz 3" dump

5” Catco Race Cat

3.5" HKS Cat back Silent High Power exhaust

Exedy 5puk Clutch

Nismo 555 Injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Z32 AFM

Yellowjacket Coils

52mm Fenix Race series Radiator

Radiator breather tank/swirl pot thingy

Custom Catch Can/washer bottle combo

Full SK Bilstein suspension kit with Selby Adj Sway Bars

S3 R33 GTR Interior

2835DynoOct2011.jpg

100_1057.jpg

100_1056.jpg

100_1055.jpg

Again big thanks to DVS JEZ, the car drives fantastic mate and i had a lot of fun driving home this morning :cheers:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I just cant get over how smooth and responsive this turbo feels.

It actually gets onto boost better than my HG highflow, btw Hamish we were referencing your graph last night when we first had dramas so thanks man haha

WOW what a night, glad we worked through the little issue's, cause once they were sorted the power was appearing more and more,

277kw without reaching the knock limit of the motor on only 18psi, i am very impressed with the setup u have built dave, all the hard work u have put into it really shows.

One of the nicest engine bays i have seen, I can't believe how cool the plenum was after continous runs, The Craved coatings work a treat.

Then the road test. Dave was nice enough to let me take his car for a squirt up the road, makes mince meat of his semi slicks with near stock response. 16psi at 3100 was very impressive.

E85 would be good to see next, well once its more readily available and ur little 555cc injectors have been upgraded

Made mince meat of the slicks a few times on the way home too Jez ;)

Hope your boss was ok with you having such a late night.

I was having a chuckle to my mate this morning on how careful you were being around the bay so as to not scratch the coatings.

You were right about the cai too man, gave it a bootfull on mooney mooney bridge from a slow start at the bottom in forth and it kind of choked up at around 5k for a second, you could definately tell it wasn't getting enough air.

I'll make the hole 3 or 3.5 inch

I think 12 psi or something wasn't it Jez?

Sorry Chris didn't see your post, sorry for the late night phone call with the random q's mate.

Now just to get this bonnet sorted.

Sounds about right. I can hold 0.8bar to redline on low boost. It's good if the gf drives it :P but then even on that boost it's quick LOL.

Im thinking a little more preload on the actuator might stop these turbos falling off boost high in the revs. Every dyno sheet over 18psi does it :(

Yeh bov return,

Jase we had the actuator arm off last night, the preload on these is already pretty dam tight. It looked like a real bitch to get back on, wasn't enough room for 3 sets of hands so I watched :)

Was plenty of preload, around 8mm atleast. Had a prick of a time getting it back on.

How was the hks heatshield aye. The bracket bolts to the the top dump pipe flange and looks like it stops the wastegate flapper arm from opening completely