SAU Community

Improving R35 Interior With A Few Items

domino_z

Hi guys

Finally got around to installing a couple more of my interior trim pieces in my quest to improve the rather plain monotone dash and without having to spend big bucks on a full retrim

I've gone the gear surround and ac panel matte cf overlay from RSW, 2011 mfd surround, a custom red/black gearknob and alcantara main gauge lid by blackmans, and the final piece a matte cf wrapped main gauge trim by Revozport (same guys who made my dry carbon boot lid) and they did an amazing job matching the weave to my existing RSW pieces.

Today was d-day in removing the main gauge unit and although quite straight forward using the esm, still was nerve racking making sure i didn't damage any trim. Plastic trim remover tools help

I have removed and box'd up my rear subwoofer cover to be wrapped in matte cf and will call it a day after i get that back

photo11.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo12.jpg

Edited by domino_z

ill most likely come up for a day trip

next step now is replacing my oem centre console trim - its full of chips and scratches after 1 yr

fingers crossed it's not ott expensive

ill try matte clear wrapping it

Edited by domino_z

i didn't do the carbon wrap, it was done by Revozport in Hong Kong - i definitely recommend them if anyone wants trim wrapped. You can choose gloss finish or a different weave if you prefer

i really don't know how they cut the edges so cleanly without distorting the weave as it's not folded on the underside

Edited by domino_z

i sent my parts to them - with this particular part i bought a spare as i couldnt be off the road for over 1 month waiting for it to come back

i have both of my oem pieces available if anyone wants to do same/similar

photo1-1.jpg

Edited by domino_z

• 4 weeks later...

bump

i have zero interest in horses, but ill happily take the day off

spent ~3 hours sitting in my boot with some scissors and a roller - took the time to ensure very little overlap bw sheets to reduce the weight and product/cost

in total i have dynamat'd under the rear seats and now the full boot floor and it's done wonders for reducing the amount of exhaust boom, road noises and random r35 drivetrain creeks n groans

imo the boot had a much bigger effect then under the seats, so if anyone wants to give this a shot, start there

the die hards will snicker at the weight gain, and fair enough if you're an unmasked stig. Ive used roughly 6kg so far, but imo well worth the weight penalty (which ive compensated with a carbon trunk, ti exhaust, forged wheels etc anyway)

post-73522-0-59861800-1320195054_thumb.jpg

Edited by domino_z

• 2 weeks later...

yeh i cleaned up my photobucket by sorting all my pics into folders and its broken links everywhere

i bought the bulk pack off US ebay - even with the shipping, its still the cheapest option

in hindsight though i wouldnt have ordered so much - i used less than a 1/3 of it