SAU Community

Multi-Gauge Display ; What Are The Option?

cobrAA

best gauge that displays everything including oil temp/pressure would be the infometer touch & rfit icolour.

if you just require basic stuff from the ODBII port, the ECUtalk consult cable connected to a laptop or the original info meter is fine (seen these for sale for under $150) so this will display whatever the stock ECU can show.

ppl with aftermarket ECU like haltech etc, they just run the USB cable from the ECU To the laptop and this will pretty much display everything bar oil temp/pressure.

someone should really make a unit like the info meter touch (doesn't have to be touch) but has sensor inputs for oil temp/press at a cheaper price.

considering the touch is around $600 RRP brand new and each sensor is around $150, it can get quite expensive just for a fancy display monitor.

a few options

option

iphone or ipod touch

http://www.devtoaste...m/products/rev/

for android

another option

option 3

HUD display, for android phones(headsup display) gheybackground music so be warned..lol

heads up display

I havent tried this on a skyline, but anything your computers sees from the port, the apps "should " display , some info like fuel economy, HP, etc are created by the car data and the phones, GPS/Accelerometer

and some can reset warnings on the ecu ? depending on the car of course

pretty sure if a you got caught touching that screen to scroll thru gauges while moving you would get a ticket, since it is a phone

plus you would run up somones butt by not looking at the road.

and you need the hardware , and the software, not just the app !!!!

you dont use a cable, its bluetooth/wireless, sorry the links failed, SAU site error

you plug the sender in and you search with your phone app to connect.

no idea which ECU it works on. anything ODB2 compliant should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at adding extra sensors to my Informeter looks EXPENSIVE!

To give you an idea, as far as I can tell you need:

16401701 - sensor adapter

16401703 - pressure sensor harness

16401704 - temp sensor harness

16401304 - Replacement sensor - coolant/oil temp sensor

16401301 - Replacement sensor - turbo boost sensor

16401303 - Replacement sensor - fuel/oil press sensor

Most run ~$100 each!

Something to think about, depends on what you want to be able to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the way i look at it is that any sensor doesn't cost more than a good gauge/sensor combo ( for exemple, my STRI water temp was 130$) the water temp sensor is ''only around 70$.

The real cost is the price of the display, beside this, it actually doesn't cost more and it look/tells you a lot more than running 4 gauges like I am right now.

I'm also thinking about the older informeter going for 200$ but It doesnt tell as much as the touch and sure look less pretty.

So I bought the informeter touch but now I realised something lol!!!

1) the sensor adaptor only have 3 clips, meaning it can only read 3 external sensor !?

2) That sensor adaptor runs for 140$... could I tap myself the wire instead and save me 140$ ????

3) What does the OEM R32 ECU reads? oil pressure, water temp and boost? Should I rely on these reading? is it possible to buy new sensor so they can be as accurate as aftermarket sensor but reads from the ecu, meaning I don't need to go trought the sensor adaptor?

http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/intelligent-infometer-touch-sensor-adapter

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is old but I'm looking at purchasing the Greddy also. Any pros and cons using it? Regrets? I think I understand that you can buy an adapter to plug into a Greddy e-manage?