SAU Community

Saunsw Drag Day Wrap Up Thread

N1GTR

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a official thingie with the fastest times run, I had a ball I've got 124mph speed but old man launch skills, wheel spin or tramp take your pick, the best time was 12.334 so there is a lot more in it, count me in for next time for sure.

Might even buy some proper tyres.

Awesome day. Sure I'm a little burnt but it was worth it. Some of you guys were laying down some good repeatable times. I'll be posting pics in here all week, so don't be afraid to check back often :)

6158319436_0d9c722259_b.jpg

6157776417_8234c80232_b.jpg

Thanks to the organisers and food cookers!

Thanks to all the guys who organized the day, it's was awesome.

First time I take the r32 gtr out on an event like this, was nervous but got over it.

My Best time 12.2 @114mph( mods: twin plate, turbos and 15psi)

My cousin's r35 gtr, was 11.8 (standard aus spec)

What happened to all the cars? There was like 20 cars dragging?

I feel so bad for the driver of that r33 gtst, I hate seeing accidents in skylines.

Edited by petersr34

Many Many thanks to all the folks that put in the hard yards on these things. I know I'm going to miss a few of you folks that were a great help today but thanks to AggroDave, Ben, Sean, Sloane, Mitch, Liz and all the other folks that really helped out today.

Our sausage sizzle litterally fed an army today!

Oh, and my PB was a 12.77. Still having some issues with spark blowout on high boost and to be honest crap tyres that I'm just trying to wear out. I'm sure there's a low 12 in the car so I'll have to get back out there some time again soon.

what a great bunch of rev heads and a top day. thanks to all who organised the day.

gee what fun wearing leathers on a day like today.

i was pretty pleased during my 35 runs, i managed to knock off about 7, 10.2 @140mph on the R1

the clutch seems difficult to master, i either got wheel spin, bogged down and on a few passes just perfect.

im sure its got a 9 in it with a good rider.

thanks again to all and i will be at the next one forsure......... great value

Great day and some nice cars out there!!

Did 9 runs then called it a day as the clutch was telling me to ease up :/

Managed a best of 12.001 @ 116.09mph 60ft 1.748 on my 7th run, so didn't need an andra licence! :D

Another fantastic event organised by SAU:NSW. Well done to all involved.

I had 10 runs in the first hour then enjoyed the BBQ. Then I managed 22 runs in the last 1.5 hours :) Could have run 70 times if I wanted to, but I couldnt be bothered with the heat. :D

At one point I could swear I was circuit racing!

So much value for money ;) When's the next one??

I don't think any car got into the 10's either...maybe next time ;)

great day! thanks to all the organisers for making it run so smoothly! got to meet some new people and put some faces to names! just got to get my nugget running right to enter next time.

anyway here are some teaser photos from the day, will post all 200 of them tomorrow at work so stay tuned on my website www.rodriguesphotography.com tomorrow:

6158062693_74f8091931_b.jpg

6158065177_1b9b4b5c92_b.jpg

6158059755_6e29b02758_b.jpg

6158056257_36dda6aa93_b.jpg

6158048733_972237d75a_b.jpg

6158052713_1d5468718e_b.jpg

Another fantastic event organised by SAU:NSW. Well done to all involved.

At one point I could swear I was circuit racing!

What you found a corner? :P

didnt show as i didnt figure there was much point with an underpowered stock R33 but it sure sounds like you guys had a blast, might have to check in on the next one. how many of these do you have a year?

oh and spitting chips i missed out on a free snag >_<

was a good day! and always glad to help!! :D

was a great view from the commentary box! some great cars and glad every one had fun! :)

i really need to fix my car so i can do these events... but till then will help out!