SAU Community

Kumho Lap Battle Championship Round 3 - Date & Location Change

gregor

I have emailed all the lap battle championship competitors from round 2 and am working on contacting entrants from round 1. As per Eric's request I am creating a thread here to address any confusion that might arise from my email.

My comment in a previous thread:

There is no intention of a lockout of SAU members - I have contacted every entrant from round 2 that included an email address and invited them to the changed round 3 at Eastern Creek. I'll be contacting the round 1 entrants shortly too, it's a time consuming process. The reasons for the change were outlined in the email, concern over the viability of the day given the proximity to christmas and cost of track hire. I've discussed the matter with Duncan prior to sending out the email, perhaps I could have waited longer before sending the email but then I'd be copping it for not providing enough notice - it's lose lose.

The upshot of the situation is this: SAU members now have access to an additional day at Eastern Creek through an opportunity offered to RENEW. We don't touch the money or get anything out of this other than track time at a track that will be much harder to run in full next year. The times run by SAU and RENEW competitors will be used to calculate round 3 - so while we wll share the track with others it wont impact the standings. Also the December date this thread is about can be run in a format entirely up to SAU NSW without the championship in the background. RENEW will support this date and advertise it to it's members to support the SAU booking but just as normal entrants.

Someone is always going to be annoyed by a change like this, it's unavoidable and for that you have my apologies. If you wish to take the matter up further you can email me chrisgATrenew.asn.au (edited to stop spammers), I'm not here to start arguments or spam up this thread

SAU NSW will run the December 17th day in a format of their choice free from the constraints of accommodating the championship.

Quoting Eric / Pezhead

Just to be sure everyone is clear the change for round three is that Renew is going to take lead and host it at Eastern Creek. As Chris has said it is really tough to get a whole day at the Creek so I hope that members of both clubs take advantage of this opportunity.

SAU will still run our day at Wakefield in December but that will go back to our club format.

I've attached the entry form and regulations for the day which should help clarify things. I do ask that you let me know you have entered so I can keep a list updated of who is attending. Post here, PM me or email chrisgATrenew.asn.au

Note: This is booking is by the WRX club and running under CAMS permit. You'll need an L2S and to be a financial member of a CAMS affiliated club - most likely that will be RENEW or SAU NSW. You are strongly advised to read the regulations but don't freak out, if you have any questions just ask and if I cant answer immediately I'll get answers. Getting worked up won't help anyone.

2011_30_10_ECSS_Entry_Form.doc

2011_30_10_ECSS_Supp_Regs_CAMS.pdf

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some initial questions I am expecting are:

How will this event work with the WRX club event ? We will all run as per the WRX club supersprint. We'll gather the times from sprint sessions and put them together to form the 3 scoring rounds as per the previous days.

Whats the go with the categories in the regulations? The WRX club uses CAMS based classes which everyone will fit into somewhere. It has no bearing on our lap battle championship and is for rankings against everyone else on the day. CAMS classes wont stop you from being able to race and we wont put majorly mismatched cars on the track together. If you aren't sure what you are post up and we'll figure it out.

Will there be education sessions? Yes. The morning will include familiarisation sessions - we want to make sure everyone has a fun & safe trip to Eastern Creek

When are entries due? The WRX club are requesting entry by the 25th of September. If the event isnt fully subscribed by that point we'll take it from there.

Are extinguishers required? YES

Most modified skylines will run in SVD class, a blue battery triangle and a fire extinguisher is all that is needed, don't be put of thinking you or your car won't be good enough, there will be time groups for everyone.

A lot of the cars are daily drivers, there is no door to door and overtaking is only permitted on the straights.

As stated Eastern Creek will be under going some major changes and it would be a pity not to have a go on this awesome track before they change the layout.

Me, I'm defiantly going to try and beat my PB and get some vanity pics of my car.

Plus we need to keep the buzz bombs honest.

working on the point score.

tk80 - that restriction was from the WRX club so is unique to this round. Remember this is their booking. The vast majority of our entrants across the 2 days fell into one of those 4 manufacturers anyway.

Same weekend as the SAU Nationals so I won't be attending... not running the Nascup at winton Ben?

Never thought about it, haven't even read the thread.....yet

Conflict with the SAU Nationals puts me out too. Darn! Would have loved to take another go at EC.

1. Stay around Winton on the 28th.

2. Race around Winton on the 29th.

3. Drive home from Winton on the 29th.

4. Go to Eastern Creek on the 30th.

5. ???

6. SLEEP DEPRIVATION!

Hey Gregor, I never got an email and I know you received my email address for round 2. Lucky I was reading this.

I am unsure if my car will be ready considering my upgrades have taken a lot longer then anticipated.

• Latest Posts

• I've never seen this on a factory built RB26 have the screws come out, or gears break for that fact. Only once someone has touched the motor have I heard / seen it.   I've seen a few factory built Rb25's shatter gears but we talking high mileage extreme beating at drift track, constant limiter for a full season.  Well outside what it was built for.
    • Over the moon in fact.  Engine is coming out to put on a new enlarged sump. I planned on putting on either a new pump(Tomei / Nitto) or billet gears.   But a bit of waste of time if the crank has narrow collar.   Things spiral quickly, if crank is out, new bearings ... maybe new rods and pistons ... wait just rebuild the engine... oh but I should get an N1 block  .... 40k later  .... haha.
    • I think he's just happy that the crank doesn't have to come out of the engine in order to have a good (read reliable) oil pump.
    • Doesn't really do any good, especially without billet gears. The oem pump is crap. If it doesn't break, the screws holding the backing plate will come loose.
    • Has the VCT bulge on the intake(Actually, you can see the VCT solenoid on the intake side, so looks like an RB25, but thats not a RB26 intake for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if its a rb25 that someone has just 'slapped' on a turbo on the factory ecu. If its running like a dog, then the dead giveaway is the intake.. missing the AFM.