SAU Community

Fs: Alcon V8 Supercar Brake Setup, Front And Rear To Suit R32/33/34 Gt-R

OK, didn't want to ever let go of these brakes as they were very hard to source and are pretty much as good as it gets.. I bought the calipers, rotors and pads second hand but were in excellent condition as they were only used for a practice weekend for testing. The calipers were refurbished, this included repainting them, new piston seals, bridge pipe, bleed nipples, heat stickers etc. So they were practically brand new once redone, and still are since I'd be lucky to have done more than 500kms on the street with them, these have not been on the track since I got them on the car....

They were professionally painted by a panelbeater using a custom gold/bronze colour with a matt clear to give them the anodized look. The Alcon logo was painted in navy blue. Brand new Alcon heat stickers were also put on.

The hats and caliper brackets are billet cnc items, made by PWR in QLD who are the Aussie distributor for Alcon. The rear brakes still retain the factory hand brake drum so you can still use the handbrake. Currently on my car at the moment but the car is in storage so they will not get anymore use.

Included in the package is:

FRONTS

- 6 pot monoblock endurance calipers with titanium pistons

- 378MM X 35MM Alcon rotors

- PFC brake pads (30mm thick!!!)

- Billet hats anodized in black

- Billet caliper brackets anodized in black

REARS

- 4 pot monoblock endurance calipers with titanium pistons

- 343MM X 32MM Alcon rotors

- PFC brake pads

- Billet hats with handbrake drum anodized in black

- Billet caliper brackets anodized in black

These brakes are not only better in performance compared to the street Alcon kit PWR sells, but will also last longer as far as rotors and pads go. I found myself changing pads often with my previous Alcon 'street' kit due to the pads being almost half the thickness, these pads being 30mm thick will not get the heat transferred through the whole thickness of the pad and thus will last a lot longer, especially if used in sprints (4-5 laps) as I was using them for. I also went through a set of rotors with the old setup being 32mm thick, these are 35mm thick. So therefore the cost difference between the street kit and the V8 supercar kit I have for sale will deminish over time making these brakes an absolute bargain!!! PWR sell the V8 supercar kit for over $22k new!!!! >_<

Unique Autosports also have them for sale, check the link below:

http://www.nismo.com.au/pricelists/pricelist_braking.htm

OK, here's some pics:

FRONTS:

13012011010.jpg

13012011009-1.jpg

They fit (JUST!!) under 18x10.5 inch ENKEI RPF1's..

11032010242.jpg

Pic of front caliper after re-painting..

27012010156-1.jpg

REARS:

23082010420.jpg

23082010418.jpg

This photo was taken trial fitting before hats were anodized..

13012011016-1.jpg

PRICE: $11K ono

NOTE: These brakes may not fit some 18 inch wheels due to the width of the caliper, especially wheels with big dish due to the spokes sitting close to the centre of the wheel. I found many of the Rays/Volk wheels (TE37, LMGT4, CE28N etc..) will not have any such problems.

Will ship interstate at buyer's cost, PM or reply here if interested.

Brakes located in Narre Warren North, VIC.

Cheers,

Jack

God you always have Awsome stuff for sale!

So much want, so little need!

Free bump!

Lol, unfortunately don't have the time these days to play around with GTR's so better off let somebody else enjoy the gear that I have accumulated over 10 years.

The car itself will be up for sale shortly aswell, might hang onto it for the SAU Nationals to enjoy it one more time but have only driven it twice this year. :closedeyes:

PMs replied....

Please tell me Aaron got them. I have an almost identical set-the front calipers alone are worth just over half the asking price.

Whoever got them, well done!

Unfortunately no, although he was using everything had to hold back!!!!!

All I can say is that they are going on a time attack GTR, I'm sure you will see this car in the not too distant future.

Apparently the front calipers are worth $5k each brand new!!!!

I'm pretty sure the new owner is chuffed.....

:cheers:

:D

Seems like somebody can't wipe their smile off their face!!!! :cheers:

Jack, did your last set of 'blow your load' spec brakes sell? I think you wanted about 7K for them.

Yes mate they are long gone, made their way up to Brisbane just like this set did....

My brake whoring days are over.... For now... :pirate:

Come to think of it, I've gone from:

- Standard Brembos

- then Brembo F50 kit

- then Alcon 'street' kit

- then Alcon 'street' kit with bigger and thicker rotors

- then Alcon V8 super car kit

I think I'm due for some 8 pot mono block endurance Brembos with carbon ceramic rotors...

Maybe NOT..... :thumbsup: