SAU Community

Ex Cam Gear - Before/after

benm

Well I finally had my GReddy Ex Cam Gear (bought from www.nengun.com) installed (-4) at www.uniqueautosports.com.au yesterday and immediately noticed a difference. I noticed at the drags recently that my top end seemed to be flat and well the dyno graphs showed that.

Kudo's to John, Adam and Ben at UAS. Just need to get my Clutch bits'n'pieces sorted out now and i'll be back at the drags aiming for that mid-high 13sec.

Mods:

RB25DET - 88,000km

Standard ECU

Standard Turbo

Sports Organic Clutch (Daiken Exedy)

FMIC (Micks Metal Craft)

TurboXS Dual-Stage boost controller (not holding boost)

3" Front/Dump pipe (custom)

3" Cat (custom)

3" Cat-back (Nismo)

Panel Filter (K&N)

Bosch 040 Intank Fuel Pump

GReddy Ex Cam Gear (-4)

= 186rwkw

Before/After

post-1296-1163913949.jpg

Edited by benm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a really good result you've got there. I didn't get anywhere near that improvement with mine. In fact I'd say that my cam gear install has just shifted the power band up the rev range a bit and put a dip in my torque curve. I wonder how they minimised the dip at the bottom of the torque curve that I've noticed most people get on yours. I'd be happy with that result Ben.

Thanks for posting that benm, good to see the results are worthwhile and i know its not going to be a waste doing it on my car as i have pretty similiar mods to you.

Cheers

Matt

Looks like you've got yourself a factory ECU that likes to play the game! Very lucky!

My factory ECU headed for sub 10's A/FR territory as soon as any additional AFM voltage was recorded (i.e more boost, cam adjustments and so on...)

Good result Ben.

Hay it's funy cause with the cam gear install you got rid of the flatspot up high. And that's exactly what happend when I installed my cam gear too !!!

Why, I have no idea, but I love it :D

J

Hay it's funy cause with the cam gear install you got rid of the flatspot up high.

Sure did, fixed the problem that I wanted fixed most... I need better TS at the drags :D

Why, I have no idea, but I love it  :DJ

Have you got a '95 ECU like me ?

Ahh forgot to list my clutch :P

Yup I'll get a Power FC + H/C + Boost Controller when I find another bank to rob / kid to roll.

Theirs an easy $2,000 :D

• 4 weeks later...