SAU Community

Confused On What Boss Kit I Need?

Im wanting to get a boss kit for my r33 but I found theve got ones where they say for non hicas and non airbag r33s and ones that are for hicas and airbag ones, The price is a big difference between them so what I want to know since I have a hcias lock bar and I dont care if the airbag doesnt work can I just get the normal boss kit or there the fitting for them is different?

• 2 years later...

If you don't care about HICAS, then no, you don't need the HICAS compatible boss. HICAS compatible ones have a pin to drive the steering angle sensor.

I don't know if you can get away with a non-airbag compatible boss on a car that came with an airbag, because I don't know if there is a difference in the steering column itself between the two. Logically, if you were throwing away the airbag wheel and putting on a non-airbag aftermarket wheel, then provided they physical attachment is the same you won't care if the non-airbag boos isn't electrically compatible (or whatever else might not work).

Removing an airbag wheel from an airbag equipped car is not legal though. Just in case you didn't know.

Cheers gts boy

Accept in my case I'm s1. Hicas but no airbag

Hicas is locked

Also it isn't that irresponsible kiwi. I believe airbags make things worse

Good pretensioners and your fine. Were talking about a 20 odd year old airbag system

Not state of the art shit

Probably snap your neck on impact

Lolz